Apple Physical Design Verification Engineer in Cupertino, California
Physical Design Verification Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
- Preferred 6+ years of experience in IP design integration and physical design verification
- Deep knowledge and experience in various tools such as RTL simulation, lint, logic equivalence, version control, synthesis, static timing analysis, CDC, RDC in order to generate gate level netlist and perform various checks.
- Experienced in industry standard tools used for physical verification such as Mentor Calibre, Synopsys ICV, etc., working experience CVS, Perforce, ClearCase.
- Strong knowledge of physical verification flows and methodology
- Scripting skills to debug flow related issues and make improvements as appropriate
- Real chip tapeout experience with a track record of successful signoff
- Layout design background and experience a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills and interaction experience with sub block owners, physical design teams and different engineering groups
As a physical design verification engineer, you will have responsibilities spanning all aspects of IP. Your tasks includes but not limited to performing various types of physical verification checks (such as LVS, DRC, design-for-manufacturing & design-for-yield, and lithography) at the chip and block level. You will be working closely with the CAD/Technology teams for flow bring up and validation, collaborating with the Implementation team during the entire chip design cycle to drive signoff closure for tapeout. You will get to own schedules and support cross-functional engineering effort. You will also get to collaborate with the package and floorplan teams.
Education & Experience
MSEE (preferred) or BSEE, or equivalent is required
Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Learn more about your EEO rights as an applicant at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf (Opens in a new window) at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf .
Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. United States Department of Labor. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/PayTransparencyNondiscrimination.html Learn more at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/PayTransparencyNondiscrimination.html (Opens in a new window) at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/PayTransparencyNondiscrimination.html .
Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you’re applying for a position in San Francisco, review the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance at https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf guidelines at https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf (opens in a new window) at https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf applicable in your area.
Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more about the E-Verify program at https://www.apple.com/jobs/pdf/EverifyPosterEnglish.pdf (Opens in a new window) at https://www.apple.com/jobs/pdf/EverifyPosterEnglish.pdf .
Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace. Reasonable Accommodation and Drug Free Workplace policy at https://www.apple.com/jobs/us/accommodationdrugfree.html Learn more at https://www.apple.com/jobs/us/accommodationdrugfree.html (Opens in a new window) at https://www.apple.com/jobs/us/accommodation_drugfree.html .
- Apple Jobs