Cosma International Senior Systems Engineer in Concord, Ontario
Transforming mobility. Making automotive technology that is smarter, cleaner, safer and lighter. That’s what we’re passionate about at Magna Powertrain, and we do it by creating world-class powertrain systems. We are a premier supplier for the global automotive industry with full capabilities in design, development, testing and manufacturing of complete powertrain systems, including engine and transmission components. Our name stands for quality, environmental consciousness, and safety. Innovation is what drives us and we drive innovation. Find what drives you, and transform your career at Magna Powertrain.
In this role you will be responsible to track functional specification development and approval / release with functional/module engineers and suppliers. Review of logical schematics and conduct System and Functional Compatibility Design reviews. Perform system level verification and validation and provide system level sign off on prototype electrical test boards and vehicles. Cascade of component, subsystem, and functional requirements understanding and criterias to drive system verification/validation. Provide Electrical System Engineering support to development partner, suppliers, customers and manufacturing launch teams including plant related issues, e.g. End-of-Line test failures.
- Analyze, interpret and create mechatronic/electronic Specifications, a. Implementation, execution and integration of BLDC pump system into vehicle.
- Complete RFQ'S, Design Enquiries to obtain feasibility, costs and timing for modifications and engage with Program, Production and Design teams on requirements and deliverables agreement.
- Analyze, interpret and create requirements for Product SW verification and Development of test systems
- Demonstrated excellent Project Management / Co-ordination skills. 5.Acts as technical interface to the customer
- Ensure all development work is completed according to customer requirements and needs
- Act as interface between Hardware, Software, Electronic and Testing to internal and external customers ensuring alignment of objectives, programs, products, and platforms a.Ability to lead and deliver through others.
- Create reports and presentations for customers and management
- Evaluation and analysis of results and their summary and preparation in the form of verification reports.
- Knowledgeable and up to date on technology advancements, industry trends, and customer needs 11.Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
Knowledge and Education
- BA preferred / Mechatronics / Electronics or equivalent
- Min. 7 years experience on the job and completed technical training and/or work experience in electronics,- mechatronics or electro-mechanical systems, or actuators.
- Min. 5 years experience in the automotive industry
- Experience in BLDC Actuator design and development, methods and processes would be preferred.
- Experience of using Design FMEAs (facilitation and analysis) to manage product risks and manage validation requirements.
- Experience in Product Development processes including PLM & GPMS.
- Experience of engineering processes and tools e.g. , FMEA, 8D, DRBFM, CAR.
- Experience of delivering DVP&R; within time and cost constraints.
- Experience of Reliability methods and demonstration of Product Quality, including Continuous Process Improvement.
- Experience of Root Cause Analysis and issue investigation techniques.
Skills and Competencies
Good communication skills, written & verbal
Excellent organizational skills
Office environment; Travel as required.
While working in this environment, the employee will be exposed to from time to time machinery, moving equipment and material, moderate noise, airborne particles, fumes and various levels of temperature created by the manufacturing process.
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
Group: Magna Powertrain
Division: FPC Group Office
Job Type: Regular