McDonald's GBS Real Estate Tax Bookkeeper in Columbus, Ohio
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are a people business just as much as we area restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand on the planet by building diverse teams who create delicious, feel good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. Joining McDonald's means thinking big on a daily basis and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From bold initiatives and sustainable sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
If you’re a recent graduate, this position is an excellent way to get your foot in the door with a large corporation to gain accounting and real estate knowledge that’ll help you grow your career! This position plays a key part in monitoring all Real Estate tax delinquencies for McDonald’s restaurants and has a direct impact on the company's performance. You must ensure that tax delinquencies are resolved timely, real estate taxes are paid current, and act as a reliable source of real estate tax information for McDonald’s stakeholders.
McDonald’s Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
• Completion of college-level accounting courses is required
• Prior accounting internship preferred
• High degree of problem solving and analytical skills
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Customer focused
• Ability to work efficiently in a fast paced, multi-tasking, deadline driven environment
• Work effectively in a team based environment
• Working knowledge of various computer programs including Excel, Word and Outlook
• Processing, coding, and analyzing of Real Estate and/or Personal Property tax payments
• Researching discrepancies with the tax agencies, landlords, operators and McOpCo
• Perform monthly balance sheet account analysis
• Maintain real estate calendar system
• Review and answer tax exceptions
• Preparation of legal notice memo checklist
• Frequent phone contact with owner/operators
Real Estate Accounting Clerk
McDonald's Corporation and McDonald's USA, LLC (the "Company") are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
- McDonald's Jobs