General Electric Compressors and Steam Turbines Field Service Engineer in Ciudad del Carmen, Mexico
The Compressors and Steam Turbines Field Service Engineer is responsible for technical direction and safe site leadership of onsite installation, operational maintenance, testing and startup activities on Centrifugal Compressors and Steam Turbines in accordance with engineering best practice and contractual work scope requirements primarily within Mexico and Latin America
The Field Service Engineer for Steam turbines and Centrifugal Compressors will:
Provide technical advice and supervision to customer in the Routine Maintenance.
Provide general technical direction and assistance to customers in the operation, maintenance, repair, safe handling and installation of the Units.
Provide customer personnel on the job training.
Coordinate Planned and Unplanned Maintenance Services.
Asses the operating condition of the Units and address any Customer concerns.
Conduct Units maintenance planning meetings, pre-outage meetings and post-outages meetings.
Assist customer in ordering and tracking Parts for outages and inventory which will cover all Parts required to perform the Planned Maintenances.
Respond to customer technical inquiries on the Units, investigate problem areas and reliability improvement efforts.
Work with customer to develop a maintenance schedule which optimizes Units reliability and availability
Identify “critical to quality” which need improvement and structure projects and action items to address the needs.
Respond to forced outages to insure the best response time and provide the necessary resources to restore the Units to operating condition in a timely manner.
Lead and execute unit maintenance, commissioning and start-up ensuring proper and safe operation of the machine.
Ensure all field activities are carried out safely complying with company HSE guidelines and procedures.
· Bachelor’s degree from accredited university or college
· At least 4+ years of experience in field service or maintenance position.
· Ability to understand and implement technical drawings (mechanical assembly drawings, P&ID, General Arrangement, etc.)
· Strong knowledge in rotating equipment maintenance (Centrifugal Compressors and/or Steam Turbines) and their auxiliaries.
· Strong knowledge in the operation of refinery and gas processing plant equipment’s, including commissioning and troubleshooting.
. Strong mechanical abilities with experience doing field maintenance/repairs and leading crews.
· Good English fluency both spoken and written.
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
· Legally authorized to work in Mexico for this opening.
· Strong business acumen and ability to sell GE products to the customer
· Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision
· Strong customer service mindset
· Strong organizational skills
· Prior project management experience is preferred
· Strong project management skills
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain. BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own. With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world. Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo at http://www.twitter.com/BHGECo , or visit us at BHGE.com .
Locations: Mexico; Ciudad del Carmen