Northern Trust Senior Application Developer, Treasury - 73330 in Chicago, Illinois
This job was posted by https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov : For more information, please see: https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov/ada/r/jobs/6211756 esponsible for managing projects, along with the day to day execution of deliverables to support Northern Trust's Treasury business. Uses Treasury business subject matter expertise to consults with business unit and technology partners to determine the most effective technology utilization and designs to meet project objectives. Responsible for phase report studies, time and cost estimates, implementation of new or revised application system and hardware requirements, docket prioritization, and related budget considerations.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with an ability to effectively interface with both business partners and with technical staff. Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work within time lines to meet project expectations. Strong client management, interpersonal and decision making skills and competencies, attention to detail and the ability to be proactive, prudent and confident in pressure situations are a must.
The ideal candidate for the position would have in depth knowledge of Treasury business and an understanding of basic trade principles. The post-trade execution lifecycle as well as an understanding of Fixed income, derivatives ( OTC), Repos/Treasury Assets, FX and other standard instruments. Knowledge and experience with trading applications such as Bloomberg AIM/POMS and Summit Detailed understanding of post trade compliance regulations and trade reconciliations processes. Quantitative Risk Management (QRM) experience is huge plus.
Knowledge of programming languages (specifically experience with Oracle Database 12g, MS Server, SQL Server, Business Objects XI R2/R4, Oracle WebLogic Server 11g, Unix/Linux, Datastage ), various business applications, state of the art technology and current trends in the computer industry. Knowledge of various application designs and programming techniques is required to develop conceptual system design. Technically competent and focuses on complex applications and systems where expertise is required. An expert in a specific skill set but remains focused primarily on daily execution.
1. Reviews documents, existing procedures, and processes and recommends where automation or improved processes can be implemented. Designs/develops new procedures when appropriate.
2. Writes proposals for system changes and enhancements. Creates and writes procedures for manual workflow or system changes for a work area.
3. Determines business requirements; prepares feasibility and cost effectiveness proposals and develops conceptual systems design. Communicates with various business areas and outside vendors, consultants, and clients regarding automation needs.
4. Maintains risk management and compliance programs and activities for their assigned group.
5. Manages multiple projects and other related activities of the area
6. Manages the development, communication and maintenance of the corporate systems architecture for a major area within IT Project.
7. Advises systems staff on the impact of systems enhancements to existing designs.
8. Assesses and analyzes impact of proposed changes on workflow and on staff. Designs and develops documentation to support changes.
9. Carries out complex activities with significant financial, client, and/or internal business impact.
10. Designs screens and reports to meet skill level needs of staff; designs forms and documents to assist and facilitate workflow.
11. Ensures compliance with all audit requirements including change control procedures and data security.
• Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle
• Prior experience working with Scrum.
• Self-starter and works effectiv ly with minimal direction
• Ability to manage multiple projects and adapt to changing priorities.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment.
• Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate initiative and good judgment.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with a wide variety of individuals.
• Ability to represent the company in a positive and professional manner.
• Ability to work well both independently and as a member of a team.
Scrum Team requirements
• Desire to work in a small, highly productive team, sharing ownership and responsibility for quality and success with the entire team.
• Enthusiastic in expanding breadth of secondary and tertiary technical skills and business expertise (eg. Forecasting work, explaining technical concepts to business, eliciting requirements from business, test automation)
• Experience successfully communicating within a technical team and with non-technical SMEs outside the team
• Interested in expanding XP engineering practice skillset (eg. Test driven development, paired programming, iterative design)
• Experienced in actively identify impediments and resolve within the team where possible; escalate when needed
A College or University degree in Compu