STRATUS Solutions SCA Electronics Maintenance Technician in Chicago , Illinois
Overview At AI, we do privileged work that is critical to enabling and sustaining the mission of our customers. We enhance their ability to preserve national security, deliver justice and serve the public through failsafe technologies and systems. We take that responsibility very seriously. We make it our job to understand our customer’s mission and the user’s reality, right from the start. We account for potential points of failure up front – from improper scoping to user distrust – enabling us to manage risk effectively from day one. This proven approach sheds light on what customers really need to succeed – from adaptation to innovation. For us, there’s no problem too complex and no fix too small. Our work leaves no stone unturned in leading our customers where they need to be, efficiently and effectively
Applied Insight (AI) is seeking a talented SCA Electronics Maintenance Technician III in Chicago, IL. SCA Electronics Maintenance Technician IIIwill provide support to government agency customer and applies versatility and industry leading technology related to tactical and secure communications.
• Implementing comprehensive plans, policies and objectives, and provides technical advice to integrate technological applications to enhance customer operational requirements.
• Planning, organizing, and conducting studies and forecasts to establish technology for operational support of the law enforcement mission.
• Coordinating with his/her manager and the customer COR on projected systems, current and planned capabilities, compatibility, costs and benefits, joint agency efforts, and other critical areas.
• Assisting in the implementation of nationwide long-term projects in coordination with the Chief Inspector OST.
• Evaluating proposed technical solutions for law enforcement communications and make recommendations to USMS management.
• Identifying radio communications requirements, analyzing technical solutions, conducting physical surveys, implementing and validating the final solution used to meet communication requirements.
• Serving as a troubleshooter and trainer to resolve operational and technical problems for radio systems users, and coordinating directly with the USMS field division leadership and/or representatives from other federal, state and local public safety Agencies.
• Identifying technical issues with radio communications experienced by users throughout the customer locations, designing modifications and enhancements to improve the effectiveness of the communications systems; and providing briefings on proposed modifications or enhancements to OST for implementation.
• Working independently to survey wide areas and buildings for proper communications networks.
• Planning, coordinating, building, and installing new communication networks.
• Identifying technical failures on radio subscriber and infrastructure equipment and working independently to address/fix the failures.
• Install analog and IP based video surveillance cameras, setup secure communication systems, and support GPS tracking.
• Plan, design, and build custom hardware, cables, and components in support of unique communication demands.
• Program, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair the following USMS LMR assets: APX 7000, APX 7500, XTS 5000, XTL 5000, XTS 2500, XTS 5000 consolette, Quantar repeater, Astro-Tac receiver, Astro-Tac 3000 comparator, GTR 8000 repeater, GPW 8000 receiver, and GCM 8000 comparator.
• Build radio code plugs for the USMS mission critical operations.
• Update CPS software and firmware for all radio programming computers.
• Prepare, run, and terminate coax, network, and fiber optic cables.
• Test, tune and align duplexers, repeaters, portable radios and mobile radios.
• Set up, configure, and use complex instrumentation to perform communication tests and maintenance.
• Manage encryption keys using the Motorola Key Management Facility (KMF).
• Encrypt radios using Over-the-Air-Rekeying (OTAR) or manually by using the KVL-3000+.
• Analyze and interpret circuit wiring, logic cable diagrams, complete communication systems schematic diagrams, and network specifications for the purpose of installing, troubleshooting, or maintaining the system or device.
• Perform calculations and manipulate test data in order to improve performance and solve problems.
Qualifications • Suitable candidate should possess a basic working knowledge of local and wide area networking, subnets, and TCP/IP. The applicant should also have some experience in installing and maintaining modern IP Radio Networks.
• The ability to work in a high security environment and observe all required security procedures.
• The ability to learn new radio and/or computer hardware and software skills quickly through independent study, formal training, and/or on-the-job training.
• Five years experience in land mobile radio subscriber equipment; including programming, troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance.
• Five years experience in land mobile radio infrastructure equipment; including programming, troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance.
Drug-Free Workplace/Drug Testing Employer: Applied Insight maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. A successful drug screen is required prior to employment.
Authorization to Share Resume and Personal Information: By submitting your resume for this position, you authorize Applied Insight to share your resume, as well as personal information included on the resume, with its subsidiaries, affiliates and teaming partners for the purpose of considering you for this position and other available positions requiring comparable skills, education and experience. Should Applied Insight or its affiliates and teaming partners wish to initiate pre-employment discussions, you will be asked to complete an employment application and related employment documents.
EEO and Affirmative Action Policy: Applied Insight is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is the policy of Applied Insight to provide equal employment opportunity in accordance with all applicable Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action laws, directives and regulations to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under Federal, State or Local laws.
Pay Transparency Policy: In accordance with Presidential Executive Order 13665, Applied Insight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.