McDonald's MGR-GLOBAL MENU STRATEGY in Chicago, Illinois
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand on the planet by building diverse teams who create delicious, feel good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. Joining McDonald's means thinking big on a daily basis and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From bold recycling initiatives and sustainable sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Our new, state-of-the art headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It is set up to be a global hub that fosters innovation: take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, and utilize the latest technology to stay in touch with your team around the globe. With monthly organized events, massive outdoor spaces, an 8000 square foot gym, and an onsite McDonald's serving international favorites, our office helps us connect with each other like never before. Needless to say, you’ll be lovin’ it here
We are looking for a team member who will explore opportunities for growth in menu and lead knowledge management for Global Menu Strategy.
The manager will employ various tools, sources of information and industry reports to provide an analysis of the market place. The manager will identify the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts and analyzing objectively. The final goal of this analysis is to identify the best opportunity and inform business decisions. Manager should be motivated to work with constituents from across the globe and cross functional partners.
This person is also responsible to share the best of system’s menu development and market learning’s. They will proactively build relationships with the individuals who manage menu development pipelines in various countries, to understand local market context.
This person needs to have a passion for working with people of different skill sets and cultural backgrounds and bring fresh ideas and new thinking to the table. The role requires holistic business acumen to review menu opportunities based on consumer, brand, operations and business parameters.
McDonald’s Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
· BA required
· 5 years of Marketing background/experience required (e.g QSR, CPG, Agency)
· Experience with qualitative and quantitative research methodologies preferred
· Strong project management skills (Organizing and managing the expectations of multiple stakeholders, approvals processes, timelines, ensuring relevant parties are made aware of project milestones/achievements/risks and outcomes)
· Strong Communication skills , verbal and written
· Experience working with diverse, cross-functional teams
· Experience working with international counterparts
· Potential for strategic thinking about how to leverage information for menu, marketing and insights
IDENTIFY MENU OPPORTUNITIES BASED ON BRAND STRATEGY:
· This role requires one to identify the relevant sources of information and obtain information, specific to the project.
· Monitor and forecast trends.
· Collect and analyze data on customer demographics, preferences, needs, and buying habits to identify potential markets and factors affecting product demand.
· Collect and analyze data on product performance, including internal metrics and brand parameters and customer preferences to identify strengths and opportunities.
· Monitor industry statistics and follow trends in trade literature.
· Gather data on competitors and analyze their prices, sales, and method of marketing, product development and distribution.
· Compiling, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, auditing, or verifying information or data, to synthesize the menu development pipeline.
· Analyzing and evaluating product performance results to objectively identify the most attractive opportunity.
· Prepare reports of findings, translating complex findings into written text, for wider circulation and application.
DEVELOP AND SHARE BEST PRACTICES ON NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT:
· Identify and collect information about new product development across the system.
· Analyze data through multiple filters; including consumer preferences, sales and brand, business insights, operations, etc.
· Compile and categorize information to identify clusters of common levers, across the system.
· Evaluate the effectiveness of the product/campaign.
· Investigate, synthesize and adapt best practices, identify best bets for sharing.
· Manage global new product resources (i.e. Intranet, SeeIt, and Global Food Library) including content management.
· Keeping knowledge up to date, based on organization strategy, market conditions and competitor strategy.
· A key element is developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, especially market leads and maintaining them over time.
Manager, Global Menu Strategy
McDonald's Corporation and McDonald's USA, LLC (the "Company") are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
- McDonald's Jobs