Wolters Kluwer Lead Technology Project & Program Manager - SAP in Chicago, Illinois
Under general direction, responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned projects and provides a single point of contact for those projects. Takes projects from original concept through final implementation. Defines project scope and objectives. Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports. Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis. Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables. Manages the integration of vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables. Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team. Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems.
Own the implementation of strategic, large and/or multi-phased programs across the Health Division from original concept through final implementation. Identifying requirements, creating detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resources plans, forecast and actual budget reports, executive status reports and business cases
Provide SAP expertise to help define high-level requirements and map to SAP functionality
Support the BU with data analysis and data management requirements, supporting data transformation efforts
Learn the existing business systems and associated requirements to facilitate a successful transformation into SAP, with a target of 80% out of box functionality
Ensure that key stakeholder objectives are achieved throughout the transformation (including status updates, reporting, schedule tracking, and cost tracking)
Lead cross functional task forces, hold regular program reviews, and drive progress towards milestones and deliverables
Collaborate and work cross-functionally with various areas of the organization to identify resource, budget and time constraints, provide direction on finding solutions to issues
Produce clear and concise executive reports and have confidence to present to an executive-level audience on program status and progress including financial recognition
Manage dependencies between multiple projects and multiple business unit needs
Manage program risk, including risk analysis, tracking, and mitigation
Successfully lead the delivery of projects utilizing direct and non-direct reports.
Be an informed leader that makes and drives timely decisions within a high energy fast-paced environment
Develops, reviews, overseas, and/or approves all project plans for conformance and program strategy
Acts as the communication conduit to executive sponsors
Education: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business or an equivalent field
· 10+ years of experience program management in a high growth dynamic rapidly changing business
· C-level communication skills
· Cross functional experience, particularly with global business units
· Deep experience managing large strategic complex cross functional programs
· Experience of managing global ERP implementations including SAP
· Experience with Salesforce.com
· Strong technical knowledge and experience to be able to communicate effectively with the multiple organizations within the company and to check/review their plans and progress.
· Experience building multi-year financial plans
· Self-starter; self-motivator, willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
· Strong interpersonal leadership skills and ability to commit, influence, motivate and successfully manage teams while working in a matrix / dotted line management structure, teams are not direct reports
· Conflict management skills including the ability to work with and resolve conflicting needs and requirements
· Ability to analyze data and effectively report problems and provide guidance through written and/or graphical formats.
· Excellent decision-making skills and business judgment
· Strong organization skills, ability to prioritize in the face of multiple project demands focus on critical details
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
· Experience with large system architecture
· Experience with multinational corporate structures is a strong plus
· PMI / Lean / Agile certification(s) are a strong plus
Domestic travel 5% to 10% of total work time - • Predominantly Chicago, NYC, Waltham MA, and Hagerstown, MD
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Wolters Kluwer Jobs