Jackson National Life Insurance Company Intern, Corporate Finance (Year Round) in Chicago, Illinois
Responsible for supporting the Corporate Finance Department with its core functions, including maintaining the books and records for the company, preparation of the financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), Board reporting, mutual fund performance reporting, company financial planning, budgeting and new business initiatives.
_Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities_
- Prepares journal entries
- Prepares monthly financial statements and reports.
- Allocates expenses to the Funds and prepares wire transfers.
- Prepares cash and other balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Calculates monthly Fund fees and corresponding reports.
- Prepares financial reports in Excel and PowerPoint as requested.
- Participates in the preparation of the company’s annual budget, including financial modeling.
- Prepares Board materials and reports provided to the Corporate/Funds’ Boards of Managers/Trustees.
- Prepares various managerial reports, including but not limited to, performance, cash flows and asset analyses.
- Other duties as assigned.
_Knowledge, Skills & Abilities_• Basic finance and accounting knowledge. • Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections. • Strong PC skills including MS Office Suite. • Strong analytical and problem solving skills. • Effective interpersonal skills. • Solid written and verbal communication skills.
*Education and Experience Required*· Progression towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required. #LI-KL1
Job: *Finance & Accounting
Organization: *Jackson National Asset Mgmt
Title: Intern, Corporate Finance (Year Round)
Requisition ID: JAC003WE