McDonald's Data Architect/Data Modeler in Chicago, Illinois
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100
countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand on the planet by building diverse teams who create delicious, feel good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. Joining McDonald's means thinking big on a daily basis and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From bold
recycling initiatives and sustainable sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Our new, state-of-the art headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It is set up to be a global hub that fosters innovation: take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, and utilize the latest technology to stay in touch with your team around the globe. With monthly organized events, massive outdoor spaces, an 8000 square foot gym, and an onsite McDonald's serving international favorites, our office helps us connect with each other like never before. Needless to say, you’ll be lovin’ it here…
McDonald's Corporation continues to grow and expand!
We are one of most recognized brands in the world. In 2018, we have been rated as a top 10 place to work in Chicago. As a modern, progressive “Tech” company, we are continually changing the Retail Food Service industry. Working in our IT sector of the corporation will provide you with challenging work, rewarding career opportunities, and one of the best comprehensive benefits packages in the industry.
We currently have a need for a Data Architect / Data Modeler.
McDonald’s is looking for an experienced Data Architect/Data Modeler to join the Global Data and Analytics Platform. We are seeking candidates that are self-starters who can work in a diverse and fast-paced environment. If you enjoy working closely with a team of Business Analysts, Developers and DBAs, and learning about new technologies then this job is for you.
The Data Modeler will be part of a team of data modeler/architects supporting the data and analytics platform. The team is responsible for all logical and physical dimensional modeling using Erwin as well as modeling and support for the NoSQL databases. They will interact directly with product owners, business analysts, developers and DBA team. This person should possess excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to quickly learn about multiple business subject areas.
McDonald’s Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
PLEASE NOTE: Employment eligibility to work with McDonald's in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position. Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
• BS in Computer Science or related field is REQUIRED!
• 5+ years of professional experience with the CA Erwin Data Modeler
• 5+ years of professional experience in Relational and Dimensional data design and modeling in a large multi-platform data environment
• 3+ years of professional experience with creating SQL to investigate data anomalies, patterns and profiling
• 1+ years of professional experience with an Agile Tool, specifically JIRA and Confluence is a plus
• 1+ years of professional experience with Agile terminology and practices such as User Stories, Backlog, Scrum, and Acceptance Criteria.
• Advanced SQL coding skills preferred
• Cloud AWS experience preferred.
• Experience with Redshift, NoSQL, Cassandra, and SQL Server is preferred
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong knowledge of principles, techniques, and best practices of enterprise data modeling and dimensional data modeling and big data modeling related to Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence
• Experience or knowledge of NoSQL Data Modeling
• Knowledge and experience in CRM best practices a plus
• Translates and transforms business requirements into data models (Conceptual, Logical and Physical)
• Analyze source system data and profile data as needed.
• Design dimensional and NoSQL data models for the analytics platform.
• Maintain relational data model repository in Erwin as well as NoSQL data models.
• Design dimensional and relational data models using Erwin
• Provide insight, best practices and standards for NoSQL data modeling as well as assist in data modeling tool selection.
• Drive conversations with development and DBA teams to optimize the schema structure and ingestion processes influencing the write and read performance.
• Provide assistance to project teams on data modeling policies, procedure, processes and standards.
• Provide recommendations to enhance current DA standards as necessary or develop standards for new technology implementations.
• Assist with capturing and documenting system flow and other pertinent technical information about data database design and/or systems
• Enforce and follow established data governance and consistency in the data model and standardization of business definitions
• Knowledge of DBMS platforms (e.g. Redshift, SQL Server, NoSql, Cassandra) with experience in generating DDL as needed
Data Architect/Data Modeler
McDonald's Corporation and McDonald's USA, LLC (the "Company") are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.