City Colleges of Chicago College Financial Aid Advisor in Chicago, Illinois
- Are you a people-person with a talent for quickly solving problems and achieving results? Do you have a desire to work in a welcoming environment making college a reality for a large, diverse student population? If so, this is the opportunity for you!
- Harold Washington College is searching for a Financial Aid Advisor. A successful candidate will have excellent customer service skills, experience providing administrative support to a fast-paced office, and a desire to help students achieve their academic goals.
- GENERAL DUTIES:
* * Administers Veterans Affairs Programs, including but not limited to; Review eligibility, authorize payment, follow Federal rules, regulations, and guidelines.
* * Counsels and advises students, parents and other interested parties on the availability of student financial aid programs to assist in meeting college education costs.
* * Interviews students applying for financial aid assistance, answers questions regarding eligibility requirements and informs them of the types of financial aid available including grants, loans and work/study program.
* * Assists students in completing financial aid applications and reviews submitted applications for accuracy and completeness.
* * Monitors student’s academic status to insure they continue to meet eligibility requirements for financial aid awards.
* * Maintains records, work reports and time sheets for students enrolled in work/study program; may act as a field liaison explaining work/study program to potential employers.
* * Bachelor's Degree preferred
* * Experience awarding federal aid in compliance with VA and DOD regulations is preferred
* * Some knowledge of financial aid software, programs, and procedures in a college setting
* * Good verbal communication demonstrated through interviewing skills
- Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
- We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- Thank you for your interest in City Colleges!
Job: Student Services
Primary Location: Harold Washington College
Job Posting: Jan 13, 2019, 11:32:30 PM
Req ID: HAR0000849
Employee Type: Full Time
Union Code: 1708Unit1