SAIC Windows Server System Administrator in CHESAPEAKE, Virginia
SAIC is seeking a Windows Server System Administrator in the Chesapeake, Virginia area.
Assist with designing and fielding special purpose systems for critical missions, utilizing the latest virtualization products and recommending hardware procurement.
Design and support a virtualized windows server environment utilizing VMware & vCenter Server to manage windows virtualization on R&D and live windows server environments.
Provide day-to-day Information Systems (IS) engineering services to support the operation of the Command's AIS classified and internal special access networks.
Provide day-to-day infrastructure maintenance for Command AIS systems.
Provide system-engineering services to troubleshoot/correct network, system and software failures as reported by network users of the Command network.
Provide training and support for AIS personnel on network configuration, troubleshooting, operational procedures and use of software packages on the numerous Command networks.
Draft and maintain up-to-date system drawings to accurately reflect the configuration of the Command’s classified computer networks.
Provide communications network support to on-going Program Management Office (PMO) sponsored research and development programs involving information systems mission requirements as tasked by management.
Provide general system engineering support to the Command as required and tasked by NCWDG N6 department management.
Understand user needs and expectations for AIS functions.
Understanding of Linux environments from the end user point of view.
Identify system data, hardware, or software components required to meet user needs.
Create an IS disaster recovery plan.
Provide software and hardware architectural analysis.
Provide testing & evaluation support for network systems.
Manage software and software license.
There will be some conus and oconus travel is necessary but no more than 25% initially to get up to speed on operations, and probably more so 15% of the time traveling. We rarely are gone more than 2 weeks at a time.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years related experience, PHD or JD and four (4) years related experience. 15 years work experience in lieu of a Bachelor degree
RequiredEducation and Experience
- Active TS/SCI Clearance with ability to get TS/SCI with CI Poly
- Bachelors and five (5 ) years or moreexperience or 8 years of relatedexperience.
- Security + CE certification (or any IAT Level 2 certification)
- 4 years of Windows and/or Network experience.
- Windows Server 2008/2012 R2 experience
- VMware expertise. Using ESXi and vSphere version 5.1 and up.
- vCenter Server expertise managing a mid- level enterprise.
- Active Directory, DNS and Group Policy expertise.
- Linux experience: Ubuntu, Red hat, and general Linux experience.
- Basic Network switch and routing experience.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to rack and stack servers. Lift 50lbs or more
- Ability to lead entry level system administrators
- Security Monitoring & Auditing (SCCM) ACAS & Solar Winds toolsexperience desired.
- Ability to inventory equipment/software and provide list of what’s needed
- Ability to evaluate technologies for factors such as cost, portability,compatibility, usability for implementation, etc.
- Ability to attend building architecture meetings an provide valid input onequipment requirements/needs
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation’s most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
- SAIC Jobs