General Electric Sr Enterprise Application Engineer in Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Role Summary:The Sr Enterprise Application Engineer will work on multiple projects as a leader or consultant supporting new and on-going Aviation Systems Digital Technology initiatives . This role will also be responsible for owning a component, feature, and/or feature set that deliver outcomes as part of the Aviation Operating System. They will partner with business stakeholders and product category leaders to ensure alignment with product strategies, and prioritize feature delivery to maximize outcomes.
Essential Responsibilities:In this role, you will:
• Gather and analyze data and develop architectural requirements.
• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements, and estimating efforts.
• Drive cultural transformation within the team and into the function
• Ability to take ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members.
• Provide coaching, feedback, developmental opportunities, etc. to indirect reports within a team of teams.
• Demonstrates awareness or product positioning and key differentiators.
• Contribute to the development of product and data delivery platforms that are service-oriented with reusable components across teams.
• Expert in developing products that meet standards and delivers desired functionality using technology that aligns with product strategy.
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems.
• Skilled in core data structures and algorithms and implements them using appropriate chosen language.
• Promotes transparency by proactively sharing design choices with appropriate audiences, with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness.
• Demonstrates expert understanding of functional and nonfunctional requirements and their priority within the backlog.
• Awareness of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques.
• Comfortable in building features such as web services and Queries on existing tables.
• Prioritize continuously in accordance with the understanding and validation of customer needs and associated outcomes
• Understand personas and the importance of role based design product development
• Stay current with market trends, enabling technologies, and business strategy to assist in product development and/or operational support activities.
Qualifications/Requirements:- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) or equivalent experience
- Strong experience or successful completion of a related GE rotation program along with established leadership across the discipline and function
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Desired Characteristics:Technical Expertise:
• Experience and expertise of the Agile methodologies (e.g., Scrum, Kanban, SaFe, etc.)
• Proficiency with various agile and collaboration tools like Rally, Aha, and Confluence.
• Experience and expertise with development technologies (e.g, CSS, VueJS, Bootstrap, JUnit, Spring Boot, JPA/Hibernate, Oracle/SQL, Git, GitHub, .NET, Windows Server, Linux/Unix, AWS)
• Strong Business Analysis skills and ability to translate requirements to enterprise software features
• Ability to plan and provide structure and organization in a fast paced, changing environment.
• Effectively manages risk and uncertainty for self and team.
• Ability to decompose problems and make decisions when problems or solutions are not 100% defined
• Skilled in negotiation to align stakeholders and communicate a single synthesized perspective to the product development team. Balances value propositions from competing stakeholders.
• Demonstrated experience leading and influencing across a complex, global matrix organization.
• Proactively identifies and removes obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
• Uses critical thinking skills and disciplined approaches to help leaders and leadership teams resolve issues and define solutions
• Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against commitments. Effectively balances multiple, different and/or competing objectives
• Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analytical skills and best practices
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
• Influences and energizes others toward the common vision and goal.
• Maintains excitement for a process and drives to new directions of meeting the goal in the face of unfavorable odds and setbacks
• Commitment, Perseverance, Passion!
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.comAdditional Locations:United Kingdom;Cheltenham;
- General Electric Jobs