Hospice of Chattanooga Strategic Communications Coordinator in Chattanooga, Tennessee
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
The Strategic Communications Coordinator independently develops and executes internal and external corporate communications that supports the company’s vision, mission and values. This individual will develop corporate communications and plans to meet business objectives in customer communications, regulatory communications, reputation management, crisis communications, and that engages, informs and inspire employees and leaders throughout the company. The Strategic Communications Coordinator will develop and maintain strong working relationships with leaders and teams in a tactical and consultative role.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Serves as a contributor for internal communications as well as manage content, timelines and distribution of assigned communication vehicles.
- Research, write and edit stories, blog posts, emails, talking points, scripts and other communications as needed for internal and external distribution via print, digital and social channels.
- Guide, coordinate and work with designers, photographers, videographers and other creative specialists to produce print and digital deliverables.
- Proactively identify important initiatives and events within the company and work with leadership to ensure appropriate coverage is incorporated into assigned publications.
- Respond to email queries and story ideas from internal clients and identify the appropriate course of action.
- Develop strategic communication plans and presentations to promote and advance organizational initiatives, goals and priorities.
- Attend events for internal and external reporting and coordinate with photographers, reporters and news stations as needed to ensure coverage of important company news and events.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders, senior leaders and administrative staff to remain aware of important news, developments and initiatives.
- Assist with editing and writing internal and external communications including emails, intranet, letters, speeches and talking points.
- Draft communications that meet specific objectives with clarity, organization, accuracy and balance.
- Take ownership of the production schedule for assigned deliverables/projects, ensuring contributions are on schedule and budgets are maintained.
- Identify opportunities to repurpose content and extend life and relevance of existing material.
- Responsible for leading community engagement and events and maintaining the community accountability report. The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
- Bachelors degree in Communications, Journalism, English or related field.
- 3-5 years’ experience in journalism, media relations, PR or communications
- Strong, demonstrated persuasive writing experience
- Able to think strategically and execute at a tactical level
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Abundant creativity and curiosity; strong desire to learn and explore; self-starter
- Corporate media relations experience, health care or related industry experience preferred
- Proven ability to interact with all levels of leadership
- Ability to perform and exceed expectations in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment
- Social media acumen and the ability to orchestrate digital photography and video production
- Ability to participate effectively on cross-functional teams
- “Storytelling” via external/internal written and visual communications
- Project Management