HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Operating Room Nurse Manager in Chattanooga, Tennessee
HCA has been recognized as a/World’s Most Admired Company/in the Health Care Medical Facilities Industry byFortune Magazine.The Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCAoperates and jointly owns with physicians 130 surgery centers across the United States. Our cases are performed Monday-Friday which meansNO nights, NO weekends, or On-callwill be required.**The size of our surgery centers naturally creates a culture where everyone knows one another with a shared focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we serve. We are currently in search of additional members to join our team! __
A few of the benefits we provide you:
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment Program
- Full Medical, Dental, Life, Disability and Vision Insurance
- 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
- New Extended Family Leave and PTO
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Employee Discount Program
*GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: *Contributes to the company’s mission and vision by managing all aspects of environmental control, clinical staff, materials and equipment, and education of personnel. Responsible for ongoing analysis and evaluation of nursing services rendered to improve clinical outcomes. Plans and directs the delivery of safe, effective nursing care until the patient is discharged. The clinical director ensures that nursing care meets the standards of the profession, the policies and procedures of the Center, and is appropriate to the Center’s patient population to identify patient and family needs. The director will demonstrate leadership by working collaboratively to promote quality customer service and patient satisfaction.
OPERATIONAL DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* * Manages and supervises all areas of nursing care. * * Establishes and maintains an effective and supportive working relationship with the Medical Director. * * Ensures that the day-to-day operations are conducted in accordance with clinical practice standards and the policies/procedures of the Center. * * Keeps Facility Administrator abreast of clinical activities. * * Provides leadership for staff, promotes an environment in which all team members can work cooperatively. * * Oversees and/or administers staff scheduling and productivity, as required per facility practice. * * Coordinates staff assignments with charge nurse for patient care based on patient needs and abilities of the staff. * * Participates in the monitoring and evaluation of nursing care provided. * * Direct and provide for patient care in emergency situations. * * Maintain a high level of personal service to physicians and their patients. * * Effectively recruits and hires quality staff to ensure adequate staffing at all times. * * Administers effective employee performance management through continuous coaching and development. * * Administers appropriate corrective action in timely manner to address behavior/performance matters in accordance with policy and procedure. * * Understands and assists with implementing and maintaining personnel policies, employee benefit package, wage and salary program, and appropriate job descriptions that have approval by the Governing Body. * * Establish appropriate lines of communication, authority, and accountability as directed for the clinical operations. * * Attends and participate in MEC and Governing Body meetings. * * Understands regulatory standards (AAAHC, CMS, and OSHA) and assist in preparation for and compliance with regulatory agency inspections/audits. * * Conduct staff meetings at regular intervals for informative and educational purposes. * * Ensure the maintenance of equipment used in surgery and any ancillary equipment is done regularly and according to regulatory and/or accreditation standards. * * Implement**Best Practices and follow-up. * * Assists with facility marketing efforts. * * Assists with implementing on-going risk management program. * * Completes variance reports as necessary. * * Supervises and participates in inventory count, as required per facility practice. * * Assist in annual budget preparation and evaluation of proposed new equipment. * * Uses facility resources appropriately and avoids wasteful practices. * * Attends all mandatory in-services, facility staff meetings and participates in emergency drills. * * Orientates and trains new employees. * * Completes annual competency and other required education as assigned. * * Maintains confidentiality and security of records and patient information at all times. *
Perform all duties and responsibilities timely and effectively in accordance with established company policies to achieve overall ASD objectives.
Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”.
- Acts as Administrator Designee in Administrator’s absence.
- While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current Position, it is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job. Management reserves the right to revise the Position or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances warrant (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel or staffing, workload, rush jobs, or technical developments).
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing.
Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Nursing strongly preferred. EXPERIENCE:
Minimum (3) years direct RN experience; preferably in an ambulatory surgery center surgical setting.
- Minimum (1) year clinical supervisory experience.
- Active RN license as required by state of employment.
- Valid BCLS Certification upon employment. *online certification not acceptable.
- ACLS and PALS as required by facility.
- CNOR preferred.
Job: *Nursing Mgmt & Admin
Title: Operating Room Nurse Manager
Location: Tennessee-Chattanooga-Surgery Center of Chattanooga
Requisition ID: 26639-423