BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Network Telecom Engineering Team Lead in Chattanooga, Tennessee
Provides oversight of their assigned units daily operations as well as managing the activities of the various IT personnel within the unit.
- Managing the planning, scheduling and deployment of all hardware facilities and associated software for major or multiple sites.
- Trains, develops, and mentors staff by providing subject matter direction and guidance. Assigns, monitors, and reviews progress and accuracy of work.Provides staff management oversight including hiring, promoting, or making recommendations for staff.Conducts performance reviews and assessments, manages performance, engages in skills assessment, and promotes professional development of staff.
- Directing, motivating and developing staff, maximizing their individual contribution, professional growth and ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
- Ensuring adherence to policies, plans, objectives, budgets and staffing allocations for the assigned site.
- Optimizes the utilization of resources and adheres to Departmental budgeting and fiscal responsibilities.
- Actively participates in project teams, manages and tracks project details, and provides leadership during periods of transition.
- Ensures compliance with corporate and industry standards, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Computer Sciences related field or equivalent work experience
- 1 year - Experience with information technology concepts, application development methodology, terminology, and standards required
- 5 years - Relevant work experience in Analytics, technology or healthcare related field required
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and translate technical and/or or complex concepts into information meaningful to project team members and/or business personnel.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- PC Skills required (Basic Microsoft Office and E-Mail)
- Adaptive to high pace and changing environment
- Must be able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical co-workers
- Must be willing to adjust schedule to perform maintenance and upgrades outside of business hours and be part of an on-call rotation.
Job Specific Requirements:
- Enterprise size contact center with call recording experience is a plus
- Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) based Private Branch Exchange (PBX) experience is highly preferred
- Contract management (billing) and negotiation carrier contract experience is highly desired
- Managing cross functional team experience is highly preferred
- Managing Network Infrastructure (CISCO ACI, Firewall, Load-balancer, Routers, Switches, Wired, Wireless) is highly preferred
Number of Openings Available:
BCBST BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, Inc.
BCBST is an Equal Opportunity employer (EEO), and all employees and applicants will be entitled to equal employment opportunities when employment decisions are made. BCBST will take affirmative action to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, gender identity, or membership in a historically under-represented group.
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee via-email, the Internet or any other method without a valid, written Direct Placement Agreement in place for this position from BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee HR/Talent Acquisition will not be considered. No fee will be paid in the event the applicant is hired by BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee as a result of the referral or through other means.
Tobacco-Free Hiring Statement
To further our mission of peace of mind through better health, effective 2017, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee and its subsidiaries no longer hire individuals who use tobacco or nicotine products (including but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, pipe tobacco, snuff, chewing tobacco, gum, patch, lozenges and electronic or smokeless cigarettes) in any form in Tennessee and where state law permits. A tobacco or nicotine free hiring practice is part of an effort to combat serious diseases, as well as to promote health and wellness for our employees and our community. All offers of employment will be contingent upon passing a background check which includes an illegal drug and tobacco/nicotine test. An individual whose post offer screening result is positive for illegal drugs or tobacco/nicotineand/or whose background check is verified to be unsatisfactory, will be disqualified from employment, the job offer will be withdrawn, and they may be disqualified from applying for employment for six (6) months from the date of the post offer screening results.
Resources to help individuals discontinue the use of tobacco/nicotine products include smokefree.gov or 1-800-QUIT-NOW.
As Tennessee's largest health benefit plan company, we've been helping Tennesseans find their own unique paths to good health for over 65 years. More than that, we're your neighbors and friends – fellow Tennesseans with deep roots of caring tradition, a focused approach to physical, financial and community good health for today, and a bright outlook for an even healthier tomorrow.
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee
- BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Jobs