Hospice of Chattanooga Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - PRN in Chattanooga, Tennessee
Hospice C.N.A. makes visits according to the plan of care, following the scope of practice as a Certified Nurse Aide in the State of Tennessee and Georgia, supervised by a Licensed R.N.
- Responsible for performing basic personal care procedures for Hospice patients.
- Responsible for bathing patients (i.e., bed bath, sponge bath, tub bath, or shower).
- Responsible for routine hair care (i.e., shampoo dry, comb, and brush)
- Responsible for mouth care (i.e., brush teeth, mouth swabs).
- Responsible for shaving patient as necessary.
- .Ensures patient’s clothes are changed.
- Responsible for taking and recording vital signs each visit.
- Ensures blood pressure, respiration, temperatures, and pulse is taken and recorded.
- Responsible for positioning patient.
- Ensures patient is turned in bed as needed and positioned as comfortably as possible.
- Responsible for moving patient to chair, commode,etc., as needed.
- Ensures bed linens are changed each visit.
- The C.N.A. is available to assist with medications that are ordinarily self-administered.
- Responsible for administering enemas as ordered by RN (ie. fleets, SSE).
- May be responsible for simple dressing and cleaning of affected area under direction of RN.
- Responsible for recording intake and output as necessary.
- Responsible for preparing food and feeding patient as necessary.
- Responsible for providing moral support to patient (i.e. listening and giving encouragement).
- Responsible for recognizing and reporting changes in patient’s condition or behavior to assigned RN.
- Responsible for providing homemaker services as designated in the plan of care such as housekeeping related to the immediate patient area or patient need at the time of visit.
- Responsible for providing skin care and nail care as necessary
- Responsible for completing daily documentation in electronic medical record.
- Ensures time and travel information is completed and submitted to the appropriate person.
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Documented proof of at least 75 certified education hours/completed training program
- Actively TN and GA State Nurse Aide Certified in good standing
- One year of State Certified Nurse Aide experience; hospice or HH experience a plus.
- Ability to independently organize work and provide effective health care services to homebound patients through appropriate patient care, and document said care thoroughly, accurately, and completely on a timely basis.
- Accept travel and working conditions as assigned, personal vehicle/car insurance.
- Working knowledge of the principles of safe and appropriate personal care and practice of company policies and procedures, to include effective communication skills (oral and written) and CPR certification. Full-time and PRN opportunities available
High school or equivalent
State Certified Nurse Aide: 1 year Required license or certification::
TN State Nurse Aide Certified