BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Applications Developer - Analyst .Net in Chattanooga, Tennessee
This position provides application design, analysis, programming, testing and documentation for the development, integration, enhancement, and maintenance of information systems solutions.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to design, develop, modify, or integrate moderately complex information systems
- Devises or modifies application systems and procedures to optimize functional requirements including capacity, operating time, response time, and form of desired results.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents programs, subroutines, and scripts.
- May serve one or more project team roles, such as project lead, business systems analyst, or technical lead, for small to medium efforts.
- Competent to work on most phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities
- Maintains technical skill set for software languages, databases, platforms, operating systems, utilities and networks needed to support work assignments.
- Assists in preparing and maintaining application design document.
- Responds to system failures and performance events by taking appropriate measures to reduce system downtime and eliminate recurrence of problems.
- May conduct presentations to provide end users with knowledge to maximize their use of developed systems.
- Provides services to multiple concurrent project, project teams or management staff.
- Provides guidance and suggestions to less-experienced programmers.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent years of experience is required. (Equivalent years of experience are determined as one year of technical experience for every year of college requested).
- Minimum of 2 years of programming experience required
- Expert working knowledge of at least one programming language in use at BCBST
- Experience in the health insurance industry preferred
- Knowledge of information technology concepts, application development methodology, terminology and standards.
- Above average written and oral communication skills are required
- Basic knowledge of systems analysis, design, and project management techniques.
- Working knowledge of information technologies in use at BCBST is required.
Job Specific Requirements:
Position Specific Qualifications:
2+ years of experience with .Net application development required.
Experience with the any of the below preferred:
Web Services - SOAP and Rest
GMC/Quadient Inspire suite of applications
Number of Openings Available:
BCBST BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, Inc.
BCBST is an Equal Opportunity employer (EEO), and all employees and applicants will be entitled to equal employment opportunities when employment decisions are made. BCBST will take affirmative action to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, gender identity, or membership in a historically under-represented group.
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee via-email, the Internet or any other method without a valid, written Direct Placement Agreement in place for this position from BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee HR/Talent Acquisition will not be considered. No fee will be paid in the event the applicant is hired by BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee as a result of the referral or through other means.
Tobacco-Free Hiring Statement
To further our mission of peace of mind through better health, effective 2017, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee and its subsidiaries no longer hire individuals who use tobacco or nicotine products (including but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, pipe tobacco, snuff, chewing tobacco, gum, patch, lozenges and electronic or smokeless cigarettes) in any form in Tennessee and where state law permits. A tobacco or nicotine free hiring practice is part of an effort to combat serious diseases, as well as to promote health and wellness for our employees and our community. All offers of employment will be contingent upon passing a background check which includes an illegal drug and tobacco/nicotine test. An individual whose post offer screening result is positive for illegal drugs or tobacco/nicotineand/or whose background check is verified to be unsatisfactory, will be disqualified from employment, the job offer will be withdrawn, and they may be disqualified from applying for employment for six (6) months from the date of the post offer screening results.
Resources to help individuals discontinue the use of tobacco/nicotine products include smokefree.gov or 1-800-QUIT-NOW.
As Tennessee's largest health benefit plan company, we've been helping Tennesseans find their own unique paths to good health for over 65 years. More than that, we're your neighbors and friends – fellow Tennesseans with deep roots of caring tradition, a focused approach to physical, financial and community good health for today, and a bright outlook for an even healthier tomorrow.