University of Virginia Health System RN, Clinical Ladder - Transitional Care Hospital - (LTAC/ Progressive Care) Nights in Charlottesville, Virginia
POSITION SUMMARY: Capable clinician, focused on expanding knowledge and skills. Consistently provides effective direct care, as part of the interdisciplinary team, to a variety of complex patients. Manages care and implements treatment plans at a refined skill level in collaboration with patients, their families, physicians and other members of the health care team. Seeks as well as provides feedback for improved clinical practice. Assumes a beginning leadership role but seeks mentoring in this process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assesses the physical, psychological, social and cultural dimensions of patients according to professional practice standards and institutional policy/procedure at the Clinician 2 level.
- Organizes, coordinates and prioritizes nursing care activities considering the needs of the patient at the Clinician 2 level.
- Implements patient population specific interventions based on individual patient needs at the Clinician 2 level.
- Evaluates effectiveness of care and care coordination progressing patients toward desired outcomes at the Clinician 2 level.
- Develops and implements patient/caregiver teaching plan based on identified health education needs and the condition and age of the patient at the Clinician 2 level.
- Provides for a safe environment and safe delivery of care.
- Assumes responsibility for professional development of self and contributes to and assists with the professional development of others at the Clinician 2 level.
- Demonstrates leadership in the delivery of patient care at the Clinician 2 level.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited nursing program required. Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing Degree preferred.
- Experience: 1 year of relevant experience.
- License/Certification: Licensed to Practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia. American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required.
GENERAL INFORMATION The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
This position qualifies for a sign-on bonus of up to $10,000 depending on experience and education. Please contact Brooke White at 434-982-1960 or email@example.com for additional information.
Most patients in our hospital are admitted for weaning from ventilators, have complex wounds or have multiple complex medical issues that require daily nursing, therapy, nutritional and physician care. They are medically stable but are too ill to be discharged home, to a nursing facility or an acute care rehabilitation facility.
Being part of the UVA Health System allows us to provide these patients full access to a wide range of clinical specialties, the latest technology, expertise and services.
We offer * Multi-professional collaboration * Educational Opportunities o Wound Treatment Associate program o Tuition Reimbursement * Award winning care o Charles L. Brown Award for Quality o NALTH Quality Award o NALTH Goldberg Award * Multiple posters presented by clinicians o Virginia Nurses Association o National Association for Long Term Hospitals o Wound Ostomy Continence Nurses Society To get a better understanding of our environment click here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sZuQqH76EM
This position qualifies for the UVA Medical Center Clinical Ladder. The salary range reflected in this job posting is for an RN Clinician 2. Additional compensation is available if you are hired into a higher level on the Clinical Ladder. Those hired as either a Clinician 3 or Clinician 4 must have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree and possess a specialty certification from a national certifying organization and meet applicable Career Ladder Behaviors. Placement on the clinical ladder will be discussed during the recruitment process.
Job: *Registered Nurse
Title: RN, Clinical Ladder - Transitional Care Hospital - (LTAC/ Progressive Care) Nights
Location: Albemarle County-Charlottesville
Requisition ID: 29006
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.