Honeywell Senior Customs Compliance Specialist in Charlotte, North Carolina
Senior Customs Compliance Specialist
Driving Infinite Possibilities Within A Diversified, Global Organization
This role develops and maintains the US corporate customs compliance policy and procedures and provides technical support on all customs-related matters. The position facilitates Honeywell's relationship with US Customs (CBP), provides training and works with our US brokers to drive best practices. This position will be also responsible for Canada and Mexico import compliance oversight.
- Serves as technical resource to all Honeywell businesses.
- Develops and provides training for Honeywell Import Specialists and other internal functions.
- Manages key company-wide import functions (e.g., POAs, IINs, Bonds, CHB contracts).
- Customs laws. Provides strategic guidance and coordinates Honeywell responses.
- Serves as primary interface with US Customs National Account Manager.
- This position requires the individual to identify, take ownership of, develop, implement, and manage complex customs programs and processes, utilizing project management and Six Sigma quality tools.
- Develops corporate procedures, practices, and goals necessary for attaining Honeywell objectives.
- Guides businesses in analysis of trade flows, admissibility requirements, entry reporting requirements, and duty reduction/avoidance opportunities to develop procedures that ensure compliance with all applicable Customs and related regulations, maximize duty savings, and minimize cycle time.
- Performs customs compliance audits of existing businesses and due diligence reviews of potential acquisitions within the United States, Canada and Mexico.
This position reports to the Trade Compliance COE Functional Leader
25 Develops corporate procedures, practices, and goals necessary for attaining Honeywell objectives.
25 Performs customs compliance audits of existing businesses.
25 Performs due diligence reviews of potential acquisitions within the United States, Canada and Mexico
25 Manages key company-wide import functions.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelors degree
- 3 years of experience in a US Customs, Corporate customs, or Agency customs role, to include compliance audit responsibilities
- US Customs Brokers license
- Proven technical Customs skills including use of Customs and other relevant agency regulations (e.g., FDA), HTS, Explanatory Notes, rulings, court cases, and Valuation Encyclopedia, as well as thorough knowledge of entry processing, international freight industry standards and practices, and Incoterms.
- Skilled with special customs programs (inc. NAFTA, GSP, Civil Aircraft, 9801, 9802, Drawback, and Reconciliation).
- Experienced in drafting formal customs correspondence.
- Detail oriented and possessing good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact at all organization levels utilizing strong communication skills.
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, and able to work independently in producing results.
- Proficient with: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Access, Visio, Publisher, Adobe Acrobat; Proficiency in SAP a plus.
Certifications Green Belt preferred
How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- 1st Shift
- Continued Professional Development
- Some Travel Required
- Job ID: req189871
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: 101 N. Tryon Street, Suite 6000, Charlotte, NC 28246 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.
- Honeywell Jobs