IHG Lead Cocktail Server- Merchant & Trade in Charlotte, North Carolina
Lead Cocktail Server- Merchant & Trade- Tryon Park Hotel
Our mission is to be the best loved Hotel & Restaurant Company so regardless of position, we look for individuals who are passionate about providing genuine heartfelt care to our guest and employees.
What you get to do: To provide prompt and courteous food and beverage service to all banquet guests, encouraging the guest to return again and create extraordinary banquet experiences.To serve food and beverages at banquet functions in a timely manner and in an environment of teamwork.
- Meet and Greet -Make initial contact with group contact/ host and review the function details and relay any changes to appropriate departments
- Communicate with group contact /host throughout the event
- Thoroughly review BEO and all details of the event
- Set food and beverage buffets and tables as specified on BEO's
- Serve food and beverages to the tables or on a buffet, clear buffets and tables
- Responds to last minute changes or special requests that may occur during the event
- Work effectively with the kitchen staff and banquet team to ensure that events are successful
- Perform set up and breakdown of various food and beverage stations
- Gather products, set up and serve beverages as needed for bars and beverage stations
- Perform side work and other duties as assigned
- Post checks/Ring in orders
Specific experience we're seeking:
- Superior wait staff service skills.
- Position requires reading, writing and effective communication with departments and team.
- Completely understands the Kimpton meeting & banquet presentation standards.
- Basic understanding of Aloha (POS system).
- A minimum of two years as a banquet server, preferred.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Prior experience required. Depending on the role degree may be required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, guests, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or telephone. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
(Please note: management reserves the right to change, modify, and/or alter any of the duties listed above to meet business demands).
- IHG Jobs