University of North Carolina at Charlotte FM Technician Mechanical Trades in Charlotte, North Carolina
Position Number: 009685
Department: Facilities Management (Adm)
Employment Type: Permanent - Full-time
Months Per Year: 12
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tasks will include assessment of building plumbing conditions and performing proper resolution methods.
- Assist Advanced level technician(s) in the repair and installation of commercial plumbing systems.
- Responsible for performing routine maintenance to ensure that building plumbing systems continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, and/or the physical condition of building plumbing components do not deteriorate.
- Use test devices to troubleshoot issues.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them; checking blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs as necessary.
Minimum Experience / Education:
Graduation from high school or equivalent and two years experience. Experience in the trade(s) areas related to the position’s role may be substituted on a year-for-year basis.
Preferred Education Skills and Experience:
- Four years’ experience in the installation, maintenance and repair of building plumbing systems in commercial environment preferred.
- Strong knowledge in plumbing field.
- Proven track record in a commercial setting.
- Ability to foster and create an atmosphere of teamwork.
- Ability to effectively communicate the English language (reading, writing, interpretation and comprehension).
- Effective skills in verbal, written and interpersonal communications, however excellent communication skills are preferred.
- Computer literate. Knowledge and skill with Google Applications, Microsoft Word and Excel, and willingness to learn new programs.
- Ability to effectively work/interact with persons from different backgrounds and cultures.
- Selected candidate must have the mental and physical capabilities to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.