Honeywell DevOps Cloud Architect in Charlotte, North Carolina
DevOps Cloud Architect
Driving Infinite Possibilities Within A Diversified, Global Organization
As a member of Cloud Computing team, you will be responsible for architecture and design of Honeywell’s Hybrid Cloud service supporting internal and external customers.
We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter and a change agent with experience and desire to drive organizations to be successful on the cutting-edge Cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, Private Cloud). You will be asked to provide guidance across data, compute, storage, network, virtualization, containerization and Security and help transform the organizations to take advantage of DevSecOps, CI/CD and agile methodologies.
· Conduct POCs and Cloud placement/Cloud fit studies to help organization to make better business decisions in leveraging Cloud technologies.
· Enhance Honeywell’s Cloud Center of Excellence by defining and governing architectural standards/principles, global product security guidelines, cloud governance.
· Stay current with IaaS & PaaS trends and research and implement containerization of cloud offerings.
· Actively facilitate and drive Cloud technology decisions within the organization and drive "Cloud First" strategy.
35 Define and govern architectural standards/principles
30 Conduct POC's
35 Stay current with Cloud offerings
YOU MUST HAVE:
- BS Degree required.
- Due to U.S. export control laws, must be a U.S. Citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.
- Minimum 7+ years of experience in all aspects of cloud computing (compute, storage, platforms, data and security).
- Minimum 4+ years designing and managing Private cloud infrastructures using VMware technologies (ESX, vSphere, vRealize Automation, and NSX).
- Minimum 2+ years designing and managing Public/Private cloud infrastructures using Amazon Web Services (AWS) (including EC2, S3, loud Front, Elastic File System, RDS, VPC, Direct Connect, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, Red shift, EMR and IAM).
- MS Degree
- Architecture experience with a proven track-record in implementing large scale cloud environments.
- Hands on experience in cloud computing-based services architecture, technical design and implementations including IaaS and PaaS.
- Hands on experience with AWS and operation expertise.
- Knowledge of Cloud cost optimization techniques; Experience in one or more automation languages (CLI, Python, Ruby, PowerShell).
- Hands on experience with CloudFormation templates and Terraform.
- Knowledge of Direct Connect, Private Link, VPN and other Public Cloud connectivity solutions.
- Thorough understanding of infrastructure automation, CI/CD, networking, storage and cloud-based delivery models.
- Knowledge in networking and web standards such as DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, HTTP, web security & firewalls.
- Experience in autoscaling, load balancing and DR cloud computing models.
- Experience in SSO/Federation.
- Experience of DevOps with AWS CLI and/or Lambda services.
- Working knowledge of config management tools (Chef, Puppet & Ansible).
- Through understanding of Cloud native, vendor agnostic & cloud ready app development.
- Through understanding on Cloud Governance.
- Knowledge in cloud monitoring tools, application performance monitoring tools and operational dashboarding.
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements. How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req182094
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: 101 N. Tryon Street, Suite 6000, Charlotte, NC 28246 USA
- Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.