ManTech Security Systems Engineer - Grimlock in Chantilly, Virginia
Entering ManTech s 50th year, we hold the distinct honor of being named a “Top 100 Global Technology Company by Thomson Reuters. We understand that in order to hold this distinct honor, we must provide our employees with the opportunity to break through barriers. We reinvest in our employees through rich educational opportunities such as 100% paid tuition for qualifying Bachelor s and Master s degrees, rich training and certification programs allowing our employees to obtain industry best certifications, a variety of Communities of Practice (COPs) where employees can exchange knowledge and much more, along with a vast array of instruction and resources needed for personal and professional development through our very own ManTech University. In addition to those amazing benefits, ManTech also has a fully dedicated Career Mobility team to provide you with guidance and assistance to continue to grow your career with ManTech.
ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Security Systems Engineer to join our team in Chantilly, VA to provide unparalleled support to our customer and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within ManTech.
Position Overview & Responsibilities:
· Serves as a Systems Security Engineer for multiple cybersecurity infrastructure projects, assisting the Government in generating and maintaining security documentation for system hardware and software, to include System Security Plans, equipment lists, practices, and procedures
· Familiar with IC, DoD, and NIST Risk Management Framework directives and guidelines and security accreditation processes
· Assesses the performance of security controls within IT projects
· Identifies system vulnerabilities resulting from a departure from approved procedures and plans
· Evaluates potential system security risks and takes appropriate corrective, mitigation, and recovery actions
· Oversees that applicable patches are implemented, including IA vulnerability alerts (IAVA), IA vulnerability bulletins (IAVB), technical advisories (TA), and OPDIRs
· Researches, evaluates, and provides feedback on problematic security trends and patterns in customer support requirements
· Performs system audits to assess security related factors within the IT project
· Requires Bachelor s degree or equivalent in the fields of mathematics, telecommunications, electrical engineering, computer engineering, or computer science and 5-7 years related experience.
· Experience with modern Windows, UNIX, network operating systems, databases, and virtual computing
· Strong IT system and application engineering background
· Experience with certification testing, Risk Management Framework (RMF), information assurance tools, DoD STIG, and vulnerability assessment
· DoD 8570.1/8140 certification meeting IAT Level III required
· Must possess an active TS/SCI with a CI polygraph.
Requires Bachelor's degree (in field mathematics, telecommunications, electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science) or equivalent and seven to nine years related experience.
Years of Experience
For more than 40 years, ManTech employees have been solving complex problems for the national security community. We are comprised of approximately 10,000 talented employees around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Half our employees have a military background, and more than 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,000 active contracts with more than 40 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.
- ManTech Jobs