Homestead Hospice Nurse Case Manager (RN) - PRN - PRN in Chandler, Arizona
Homestead Hospice is an equal opportunity employer – race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity:
Generous Signing Bonus. :
The Nurse Case Manager is a full time employee who establishes, implements, and evaluates goals and objectives for hospice services that meet and promote the standards of quality and contribute to the total organization and philosophy. The Nurse Case Manager directs the care of his/her patient caseload, communicates with other team members, families, and ALF/SNF staff.
He/She supervises the HHA and LPNs, fills out the appropriate paperwork in a timely manner, communicates with the Attending MD, protects the human and civil rights of patients and/or clients and staff. He/She is responsible for directing the total care of the patient.
The Nurse Case Manager coordinates the total care of the patient, including communication with the IDT members, families, Attending MD’s, and facility wellness coordinators. Paperwork is to be completed and turned into the office in a timely manner. Responsible for covering call at least 7 days per calendar month. Must have dependable transportation.
- A current nursing License in the state, with at least 3 year experience in home health/hospice.
- Familiarity with a variety of the clinical concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to exchange routine information in an appropriate manner.
Good oral and written communication skills. Responsibilities::
Responsible for the day-to-day visit schedule, meeting the approved visit frequency.
- Maintains a nursing service philosophy and related rules, standards and practices; establishes care plans, including assessments, plans of treatment, objectives and goals, evaluations, and discharge planning, maintains current medication profiles, and timely reorder of hospice appropriate medications.
- Ensures compliance with laws and rules related to care, certification, and licensing; professionally represents Creative Hospice Care to residents, residents’ families, outside agencies, care providers, and the public.
- Maintains liaison role with all levels of administration, physicians and outside organizations.
- Complete required documentation in the time frame allotted—nurses notes turned in at least 2 times per week, admission packets turned in within 24 hours of the admission, discharges turned in within 24 hours of the discharge, recertification packets turned in by the due date of recertification’s.
- Is responsible for On call services, at least 7 days per calendar month.