Lockheed Martin Program Planner - Level 4 in Centennial, Colorado
Description: As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies? Navy Strategic Programs (NSP) is experiencing significant growth and we need your expertise to deliver amazing new technologies to our customers. We have opportunities that include advanced Hypersonic Technology, Glide Body Strike technology, and other key technology insertions. The early design and engineering phase provides you with tremendous career growth potential along with meaningful assignments to stretch and hone your expertise. This is a rare opportunity to work closely alongside our Navy Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) partners to field a number of future strategic systems that the nation urgently needs.
If you are an enthusiastic, self-starter, eager to learn in a dynamic environment, come join our team as a Level-4 Program Planner to support Naval Strategic Programs. This is an ideal opportunity for you to play a key role in Program Planning and Program Management supporting all things Space for a company that will put astronauts on Mars, create 3D printed satellites, launch payloads that learn in orbit, and develop national defense systems. This role typically has 10 years of professional experience in Program Planning and Program Management.
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
• Develop, status, and analyze Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) in sufficient detail that allows you to monitor progress, assess program status, and identify performance issues in a timely manner.
• Coordinate and maintain vertical and horizontal schedule integration between supplemental schedules, the integrated master schedule, and the Program Summary Master Schedule.
• Ensure established program baseline control processes are followed.
• Coordinate business rhythms required to accomplish program control, analyses, and forecasting objectives. Develop recovery plans to ensure program achievements are completed in accordance with contract requirements.
• Use critical path methodology, risk analysis, and problem resolution.
• Communicate schedule impacts and proposes corrective actions to applicable key program members.
• Generate schedule metrics and reports related to the execution of the program. Schedule presentations which incorporate key management; Program Management, Executive Management, or Customer Management as needed.
• Support proposal activities including coordination with program management, program planners, IPT leads, functional leads, and CAMs as required.
• Determine customer requirements and translate into organizational plans which support the development of SOWs, WBS, IMP, IMS, and Risk assessments.
• Train, develop, and mentor junior planners on the team.
• You will need be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance.
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education. This role typically has 10 years of professional experience in Program Planning and Program Management.
• Program Planning experience.
• Earned Value Management expertise.
• Critical Path Methodology experience.
• Experience in one or more of the following: Microsoft Project, Real Time Project, Open-plan, P6, or other planning tools.
• Experience with ANSI/EIA-748 (EVMS Guidelines).
• Strong communication skills to be able to communicate with the Customer.
• Presentation experience.
• Experience analyzing data.
• Producing and Delivering Integrated Program Management Report (IPMR) and Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL).
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.