Lockheed Martin Program Planner - Level 2 in Centennial, Colorado
Description: As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies? Navy Strategic Programs (NSP) is experiencing significant growth and we need your expertise to deliver amazing new technologies to our customers. We have opportunities that include advanced Hypersonic Technology, Glide Body Strike technology, and other key technology insertions. The early design and engineering phase provides you with tremendous career growth potential along with meaningful assignments to stretch and hone your expertise. This is a rare opportunity to work closely alongside our Navy Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) partners to field a number of future strategic systems that the nation urgently needs.
If you are an enthusiastic, self-starter, eager to learn in a dynamic environment, come join our team as a level 2 Program Planner to support Naval Strategic Programs. This is an ideal opportunity to begin and develop your career in Program Planning and Program Management. In this role, you will be part of a team that plans and handles detailed schedule networks from design, assembly, test, and into operations. Individuals in this role usually have 3-6 years of professional experience.
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
• Interact with Engineering, Finance and Business Operations, and Program Management while working with the entire planning team to translate authorized customer requirements into the performance measurement baseline standards.
• Develop and maintain compliant Integrated Master Schedules; comprehensively validate contractual scope, work flow, and resources required to execute the program.
• Collaborate with multi-functional teams to drive progress and performance, monitor changes and schedules, and facilitate communications between key program members.
• Assist with product hand-off negotiations between areas focusing on the technical content, schedules, and facilitation of workaround planning as needed.
• Serve as a liaison by maintaining, publishing, and presenting relevant planning and scheduling information and metrics.
• Provide visibility and communicate potential program issues to management and engineering.
• You will need be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance.
Typically has 3-6 years of professional experience with a Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university.
Benefits of Employment:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that urges differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually.
Lockheed Martin Space offers a total compensation package from competitive wages, on-site medical care, 25 three-day weekends, and healthy living incentives just to name a few reasons to join Lockheed Martin. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• Familiarity with a scheduling tool such as MS Project, Real Time Project, or Primavera.
• Direct experience with program planning on government contracts.
• Strong interpersonal skills to communicate with the Customer.
• Experience analyzing data.
• Producing and Delivering Integrated Program Management Report (IPMR) and Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL).
• Proficiency in Excel, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.