Shermco Industries Senior Field Electrical Test Technician in Cedar Park (Austin), Texas
SENIOR FIELD ELECTRICAL TEST TECHNICIAN (NETA, Substation, Switchgear)
Join our team of leaders in electrical power system maintenance, repair, testing, engineering, & training. We are seeking an experienced Senior Electrical Test Technician to work in our Austin, Texas field office. Shermco Industries is accredited by NETA and has one of the largest field services divisions in the industry.
Why Work for Shermco?
- Strong benefits package and highly competitive compensation plan plus lucrative overtime plan.
- A growth oriented environment that is upbeat, good morale and team oriented.
- Industry-leading electrical and safety training.
Job Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Inspect, test, troubleshoot, perform start-up and collect data of low, medium and high voltage (to 500kV) electrical systems, and moderately complex relay calibration and power metering, including:
- Power transformer testing (Doble, TTR, Insulation Resistance)
- Testing both electro-mechanical and solid state relays
- Cable testing (Tan Delta, Power Factor, VLF, DC Hipot)
- Automatic transfer switch troubleshooting
- Low, Medium and High voltage switchgear and circuit breaker testing
- Perform maintenance and repair work on substation equipment.
- Repair, replace and clean equipment and components including circuit breakers, brushes and commutators.
- Schedule and supervise the construction and testing of special devices and the implementation of unique monitoring and control systems.
- Analyze test data to diagnose malfunctions, to determine performance characteristics of systems, and to evaluate effects of systems notifications.
- Frequently travel to and perform field work at customer's industrial and commercial sites throughout the local and regional area; periodically travel to job locations throughout North America.
- Rotate emergency on-call duty and if called respond to customer emergencies in a timely manner
Minimum Qualifications: to qualify for consideration, you must meet each of the following minimum qualifications and requirements.
- High school diploma or GED required; prefer an Associate’s degree from an accredited 2 year technical college in Electrical Power, or similar experience and training from the military (Army Prime Power, Air Force Electrical Power Production, or NAVY Seabee)
- Must have at least 5 or more years of relevant power systems testing & maintenance experience
- Must have general PC skills including email, internet, data entry and Microsoft Excel; experience with PowerDB a plus.
- Must be able to work safely and adhere to all electrical safety procedures.
- Prefer NETA Certification (III or IV) or equivalent skills/experience to become NETA Certified
- Prefer OSHA 30 hour, MSHA, NFPA 70-E, CPR/First Aid/BBP/AED training; training on each can be provided by Shermco.
- Must be Drug-Free, and be subject to unannounced random drug tests.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Must be able to crawl, climb, stand and lift up to 75 lbs., with or without reasonable accommodations. Must be able to pass a fit for duty physical exam.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, and currently have and be able to maintain a good driving record.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and overtime, and occasional weekends, holidays and nights.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER | DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE
No Agencies Please