Shermco Industries P&C Relay Technician in Cedar Park (Austin), Texas
PROTECTION AND CONTROLS RELAY TECHNICIAN
Shermco, the largest independent electrical testing NETA company in North America, has an immediate need for a qualified and experienced Protection & Control Relay Technicians. Heavy travel to projects around the country. Full-Time and Contract opportunities available
Job Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Perform installation, commissioning, testing and maintenance of protective relaying equipment, relaying schemes, DFR equipment, SCADA systems, distribution automation systems and associated communication equipment.
- Perform function testing of substation control circuits on relay panel, transformers & circuit breaker changeouts.
- Perform end-to-end relay testing using Doble ProTesT software to verify carrier and fiber systems.
- Perform electro-mechanical relay testing of GE, Westinghouse, ITE, etc.
- Perform solid state relay testing of Schweitzer, Basler, Multilin, SEL, Beckwith, Circuit Shield, Arreva, Schneider, etc.
- Read and interpret control prints, writing diagrams, and relaying schematics.
- Conduct differential and distance relay testing.
- Assist in developing written standard commissioning, testing and maintenance procedures for protective relaying, DFR's, RTU's, IED's, Distribution Automation and associated communication systems.
- Manage projects onsite throughout the duration and effectively interface and own the relationship with customers and their vendors
_Minimum Qualifications _to qualify for consideration, you must meet each of the following minimum qualifications and requirements:
- Must be willing and able to travel overnight 80-100% to work at project sites from a few weeks to a few months at a time
- High School Diploma or equivalent; prefer training from technical school, apprenticeship, armed services or Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Technology.
- Experience and training as an Army Prime Power Production Specialist (52E, 21P, or 12P) highly desirable.
- 5 years related experience in the areas of transmission line and substation protective relay control system and SCADA/Automation checkout, installation, testing and trouble-shooting; an equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute.
- Must have testing skills and understand fundamental electrical testing procedures.
- Need to have knowledge of differential and phase angles.
- Experience with RTS or Protest relaying testing software desirable.
- Understand three phase power and phase angles.
- Must have ability to use Doble 6150, 2253 & 2250 and Megger MPRT & EZ CT 2000.
- Must be able to demonstrate SAFE electrical troubleshooting skills using basic and advanced test equipment.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and periodic, unannounced random drug tests.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Must be able to regularly lift and carry up to 75 lbs. from ground level to waist high, with or without reasonable accommodations. Must be able to pass a fit for duty physical exam.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, and currently have and be able to maintain a good driving record.
- Ability to work regularly in the field which may vary from an outdoor environment exposed to any seasonal elements to inside working space which could vary widely in temperature to include occasional -0 and 100+ degree temperatures.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER | DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE
No Agencies Please