Aultman Health Foundation TECHNICIAN 1 - VENIPUNCTURE in CANTON, Ohio
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The primary purpose of the position is to draw blood specimens from any drawstation or contracted physician office in an accurate and safe manner as designated by the department policies and procedures under the direction of the Unit Director or designated Technical Specialist. Position requires rotation of location, shifts, weekend and holidays.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
· Correct identification of the patient using patient name and date of birth
· Verification of Tests
· Specimen Procurement
· Proper labeling of specimens
· Proper specimen storage and transporting requirements
· Post Venipuncture
· Workstation Maintenance
· Patient Relations Skills
· Team Skills
· Assists with training of students and new personnel
· Adhere to hospital dress code policy and maintains a professional appearance
· Follows universal precautions at all times.
· High school graduate
· Experience in Venipuncture preferred
· Good interpersonal communication skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
· 7:00am – 5:00pm M-F/ 8a-12p Sat or hours as required by the job. Occasional weekends.
· Subject to frequent interruptions and changes in priority of duties throughout the day.
· Sitting/standing/moving about during working hours
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS ADDENDUM
PURPOSE : To identify specific functions job requirements and work environment factors that could affect job performance.
Check all factors that are present as essential job requirements and check whether the factor is performed.
O = Occasionally = 0- 33% of the work shift or 0- 32 repetitions.
F = Frequently = 34-66% of the work shift or 32-200+ repetitions.
C = Constantly = 67-100% of the work shift or 200+ repetitions.
N = Not essential job requirement.
O Lifting (70 pounds)
O Carrying (70 pounds)
O Pushing (70 pounds)
N Climbing with (70 pounds)
O Reaching Up/Reaching Forward
Additional information concerning physical requirements for the position:
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: Aultman Health Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
AultCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that will make reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to apply and compete for employment opportunities for which they are qualified. To request an accommodation, please email our Human Resources department, for further assistance.
Aultman Health Foundation
- Aultman Health Foundation Jobs