Aultman Health Foundation STAFF NURSE - OPERATING ROOM in CANTON, Ohio
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The primary purpose of the position of Registered Nurse in the Operating Room is to provide clinical leadership and patient care based upon the nursing process and within the framework of the Ohio Nurse Practice Act. The patient care in the operating room encompasses both technical and professional components.
1.Has variable shift rotation that includes but may not
be limited to 7a-3:30pm, 9a-5:30pm, 3p-11:30pm
11p-7:30am or 11a-7:30pm.
- Stands for long periods of time.
3.Breaks and lunch are coordinated with other personnel and workload activity.
Blood and body fluid exposure 1.
Frequent changes in duties throughout working hours.
Involved with personnel, patients, and physicians under
all circumstances and conditions, especially high stress
Required to take 'out of hospital' call.
Graduate of an approved school of professional nursing.
Current licensure to practice as a registered nurse.
Satisfactorily completes Aultman Hospital Operating Room
R.N. orientation program.
PRIMARY DUTIES , RESPONSIBILITIES AND STANDARDS
Performance Ratings: 0= Below Standard
1= Meets Standard
2= Exceeds Standard
NA= Not Applicable
PAGE 2 - RN. OR. EVALUATION
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill necessary to
Provide Perioperative Care. _
- Demonstrates by adaptation of intraoperative care plan
knowledge of AGE specific factors necessary to safely
and effectively provide perioperative care.
- Demonstrates by developing and implementing age
Appropriate care plan. _
Communicates appropriately for age of patient.
Assesses patients of all ages for signs and symptoms of
abuse and refers to charge person or unit director as appropriate. _
Patient charges are accurate and complete. _
Requisitions for ordered exams are complete and
- Specimens are prepared and handles according to
- Demonstrates by usage, knowledge of the safe operations
of equipment related to perioperative care. _
- Maintains current license/certification/registry as
mandated by the State of Ohio. _
- Completes and adheres to knowledge gained through
annual employee educational marathon. i.e. safety, CPR,
competency, TB testing. _
Attends or reads minuets of unit meetings.
Adhere to hospital policies of time and attendance _
Adheres to departmental dress code. _
Actively serves on committees for the improvement of
Patient care. _
7.*Maintains confidentiality of information regarding
patient, employees, hospital and physicians. _
8.Demonstrates behavior reflective of the mission,
values and operating guidelines of AultmanHospital. _
- Shows flexibility in working hours and is available
for call as assigned. _
- Makes appropriate recommendations and /or participates
in the implementation of change in order to improve
overall quality of service. _
- Utilizes available educational resources to maintain
and develop knowledge and skills. _
- Provides appropriate education for patient and/or
- Recognizes self-responsibility and accountability for
own practice. _
*Uses Personal Protection Equipment and utilizes
STANDARD PRECAUTIONS (former Universal Precautions)
when performing tasks presenting the possibility of
exposure to blood or body fluids. _
- By establishing priorities and utilization of physician
preference, prepares the OR room and/or instrument
according to procedure and patient needs. _
- Demonstrates knowledge and manual skill in the
Handling of instruments and suture material. _
- Demonstrates knowledge for the safe operations,
maintenance and repair of equipment related to assigned
job duties/responsibilities. _
- Room clean up is done according to procedure and OR
room is left in orderly condition. _
CHARGE AND/OR COORDINATING RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assigns nursing staff according to need and skill
- Coordinates the function of the OR team through
anticipation and knowledge of procedures. _
- Prioritizes the work load and facilitates in maintaining
stock supplies in a cost effective manner. _
- Communicates with the next shift the status of the
department and any information on patients, equipment
or procedures that would affect the surgery schedule. __
- Communicates with surgeon,staff,anesthesia and unit
director on call if necessary, status of cases or
problems concerning cases. __
- Communicates with other departments information that
would effect the schedule or alter patient care. __
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: Aultman Health Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
AultCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that will make reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to apply and compete for employment opportunities for which they are qualified. To request an accommodation, please email our Human Resources department, for further assistance.