Volunteers of America- Minnesota Direct Support Person SILS in Cambridge, Minnesota
Direct Support Person SILS
Direct Support Professional –Full-Time, Part-Time or On Call
PAID TRAINING/FLEXIBLE/FUN/RESPONSIBLE/BE THE LIGHT IN SOMEONE’S DAY
Starting Pay: $11.50
Are you looking for a fun and flexible career? Do you want to really make a difference in the lives of others? If you said yes, you should consider coming to work for Volunteers of America, in this paid position!
We are currently looking for individuals for Full-Time, Part-Time and On-Call needs in a residential setting, providing direct support to adults with disabilities. Imagine the rewarding experience of helping our residents live full and meaningful lives! We
have a variety of shifts available; evenings, weekends and overnights!
This would be a great role for new high school graduates, college students, someone looking for a second job, or for someone who is semi-retired.
ALL training is provided and PAID!!
What You Will Do:
We will provide you with full paid training that will set you up with the ability to perform the following responsibilities with confidence and high quality:
• Supervise and manage program residents and create a fun and safe environment
• Implement treatment plans
• Document resident's functioning within the treatment environment
• Help set limits and boundaries as appropriate
• Apply crisis management techniques to situations as needed
What We Need from You:
• High School Diploma/GED
• Valid Driver’s License with a good driving record
• Candidates must be 18 years of age or older
• Strong emotional intelligence to manage crisis and conflicts with grace and calm
The Services for Persons With Special Needs (SPSN) division is dedicated to serving individuals with developmental disabilities of any age. Support services may be provided in the consumer's home, in their local community or in a foster-care, residential
About the Organization
Volunteers of America Minnesota is a nonprofit health and human services organization that annually serves more than 25,000 children, adolescents and their families, older adults, students, persons with disabilities and special needs, and adults completing
incarceration. Since 1896, we have helped people gain self-reliance, dignity and hope.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41