Burlington Senior Financial Analyst, Accounts Payable in Burlington, New Jersey
LOCATION 1830 Route 130 North Burlington NJ US 08016
If you want an exciting job with one of the largest off-price retailers in the nation, join the Finance team at Burlington Stores, Inc.! Are you a detail-oriented finance professional with analytical experience? Would you thrive in an environment that encourages creativity and thinking outside the box? Are you a team-player who would work well in a fast-paced finance department where you have to think on your feet and solve problems as they emerge? If so, this may be the right opportunity for you!
Responsible for financial & operational aspects of accounting operations as it relates to the Accounts Payable and Inventory Control Departments, including the development and enhancement of various financial and operational processes, controls, workflows, reporting and providing increased visibility to the Finance Leadership Team. This position will act as a liaison to all operational and corporate departments, including Supply Chain, DC’s and Vendor Management areas. The Sr. Financial Analyst II will also be responsible for updating and evaluating information presented in weekly and monthly reporting, business reporting analytics, database report creation, process improvement initiatives and maintenance.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsible for preparation and analysis of the periodic weekly and monthly management reporting of financial results for assigned areas within Accounts Payable and Inventory Controlthe Accounting Operations Areas
• Routine communication with all functional areas relating to financial and operational close, issues and deliverables
• Demonstrate insightful use of financial data to provide practical advice to business partners and management in order to drive business results
• Demonstrate a good understanding and knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls and apply them to daily functions
• Prepare, maintain and develop various financial models and templates in excel and access database for use by finance team
• Understand and facilitate the integration of business processes, technology and people in order to provide useful information to leadership team
• Responsible for new special projects to improve efficiency and performance
• Develop, train and support staff development.
• Cross train as backup for Financial analysts in case of emergenciesin all accounting areas
• Research and resolve inquiries from all functional areas and outside clients
• Ensure SOX compliance for all processes and procedures
• Assist in the preparation of client assistance deliverables from internal and external auditors
• Assist in Physical Inventory Reconciliations and analysis
• Ensure compliance with existing and develop/document new policies and procedures governing financial ledger maintenance and control. Partner with Corporate Finance to ensure that policies are in accordance with internal accounting practices and GAAP.
• Develop and maintain partner relationships with business units and corporate stakeholders (IT, Supply Chain, Merchandising, Finance, etc.)
• Act as a liaison for new system implementation issues and concerns and provide solutions to help management make critical decisions
Education and Qualifications
Four Year Accounting/Finance Degree required , CPA, CFA, CMA, or MBA a plus. Minimum 3-4 years related work experience . Retail experience a plus. Ability to effectively communicate with management, peers, and external parties. Excellent analytical ability, problem solving, and organizational skills. Advanced Excel knowledge required .
…are excited to deliver great values to customers every day;
…take a sense of pride and ownership in helping drive positive results for a team;
…are committed to treating colleagues and customers with respect;
…believe in the power of diversity and inclusion;
…want to participate in initiatives that positively impact the world around you;
Come join our team. You’re going to like it here!
You will enjoy a competitive wage and comprehensive benefit package including a generous paid time off plan, a company matched 401(k) and an associate discount. We are a rapidly growing brand, and provide a variety of professional development opportunities so our associates can grow with us. We work hard and have fun together! Burlington associates make a difference in the lives of customers, colleagues, and the communities where we live and work every day. Burlington Stores, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Posting Number 2018-92662
Address 1830 Route 130 North
Zip Code 08016
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Career Site Category Corporate
Position Category Finance