M & T Bank Senior Business Analytics & Reporting and Compliance Risk Assessment Manager in Buffalo, New York
Responsible for providing the strategic direction and management of the planning, development and implementation of various projects and initiatives in support of the annual Compliance Risk Assessment. Typically will manage the most complex, critical and highly visible projects at both the division and/or bank-wide level.
- Manage the development and production of high-complexity departmental reports and spreadsheets to include project or product strategy analysis, historical reporting, work flow analysis, and financial analysis utilized in support of the Risk Assessment process.
- Perform highly complex analysis and judgment based work over a standard discipline or a range of disciplines to support business decisions.
- Perform highly complex data review, research, and/or reconciliation. Interpret results and present findings to make or influence strategic decisions within the department or division.Demonstrate a thorough and expert understanding of the business and its functions, processes and operations. Keep abreast of business and market trends that may affect the business/department.
- Work collaboratively with all areas within CRM including Governance (Agile, Professional Practices Group) to identify items which will need to incorporated into the Risk Assessment.
- Take a lead role in setting policy, methodology, development and implementation of procedures or controls related to compliance requirements within the overall Risk Assessment processes.
- Define and participate in the achievement of short and long-term business objectives including automating and enhancing the current Risk Assessment. May oversee budget, P&L and other business reporting. Analyze variances and report to leadership. Make recommendations on variances and methods to increase efficiency, lower costs, etc. Implement recommendations upon management approval.
- Take a lead role in supporting departmental audits including user recerts, compliance testing, and compliance program examinations.
- Manage and facilitate the planning, testing, and implementation of new projects, systems, products and regulatory changes impacting the Risk Assessment process.
- Act as lead for departmental Risk Assessment support, coordinating with internal business partners, vendors and technology to address issues for the department. Functional system expertise through Division up to the Bank
- Provides coaching, direction and leadership to team members in order to achieve business results
Supervisory/ Managerial Responsibilities:
Will manage a team of 5 or more direct reports
Experience and Education Required:
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 7 years related business line experience,
OR in lieu of a degree,
A combined minimum of 11 years higher education and/or work experience.
A minimum of 2 years of leadership/supervisory experience