Bryant & Stratton 2019 Medical Assisting Practicum Coordinator in Buffalo, New York
Buffalo, NY, USA
The main function of the Practicum Coordinator is to manage and oversee the internship/practicum experience for the WNY campuses. The medical assisting internship/practicum coordinator will provide orientation for the on-site supervisors. In addition, he/she will provide the on-site assessment of student experiences and the quality of the learning opportunities at least once during each term students are assigned to the medical assisting internship/practicum site.
Under the direction of the Allied Health Program Director, the internship/practicum coordinator performs the functions listed below.
To manage and oversee the medical assisting internship/practicum experience, he/she:
- Selects and approves internship/practicum sites
- Provides orientation for the on-site supervisors
- Conducts an on-site assessment of student learning experiences and the quality of learning opportunities at least once during each term students are assigned to the internship/practicum site.
- Provides effective and timely communication to internship/practicum sites, students and the program director regarding student learning and performance.
- Effectively collaborates with team members to assure student learning outcomes and performance expectations are met.
Qualified candidate will possess Master's degree in Allied Health field and a current license in medical field.
- CMA preferred
- Knowledgeable in program curriculum, as evidenced by education and/or experience
- Effective in evaluating student learning and performance
- Strong team player
- Able to make meaningful and positive connections with a diverse student body in a career college environment
Posted: June 26, 2019