Cobham Mission Production Operative - Electro Mechanical Assembly in Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
Cobham Aerospace Connectivity are looking for a Production Operative working in Electro Mechanical Assembly.
This role is based in Marlow, Buckinghamshire
Cobham Aerospace Connectivity design and manufacture active and passive avionics antennas and electronic control systems for military and civil communications, navigation and search and rescue applications. We pioneered frequency agile VHF tuneable antennas and continue to be a key supplier to major avionics companies. Our GPS anti-jam technology utilises state of the art DSP algorithms with an active antenna to eliminate both narrow-band and wide-band jamming signals. We have world leading technology in Ground Penetrating Radar and RF interference mitigation. Both military and civil users rely on our direction finding systems for search and rescue operations.
As a Production Operative your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Electronics background or light manufacturing experience is desirable.
- A good awareness of SHE issues.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Good timekeeping skills.
- Good team player.
As a Production Operative your main responsibilities will involve:
- To hand solder small surface mount components using a soldering iron, and solder copper parts using jigs and a hot air gun method and be able to recognise an acceptable solder joint.
- Assembly in a repetitive small batch environment with a build rate expectation of
- 2 to 4 batches of 12 to 18 units a week comprising of solder joints up to 12 per unit and fastenings of up to 50 per unit.
- To hand assemble using screw drivers/air screwdrivers with small screws nuts and washers.
- The ability to neatly and quickly apply sealants from a pumped dispenser around connector flanges sealing to a baseplate.
- Ensure all relevant paperwork pertaining to each job is completed in full and the immediate work area is kept to a high standard of cleanliness.
- Carry out tasks as delegated by the relevant Production Supervisor.
- Provide feedback about product build aspects, highlighting issues as appropriate.
- Suggest continuous improvements.
About Cobham Aerospace Connectivity
Cobham Aerospace Connectivity develop and manufacture high specification sector and multi-sector, directional, omni-directional, ultra-wideband (UWB) and MIMO antennas.
A wide range of products are available for customers, small and large, worldwide in Commercial, Military, Satellite and Security markets.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page
Job Category: Operations
Primary Location: UK-England-Buckinghamshire
Organization: Cobham Aerospace Connectivity Marlow
Job Posting: 23-Nov-2018, 11:11:24 AM
Recruiter: Sarah Garraway
Req ID: 275516