SCO Family of Services Center for Family Life-Literacy Specialist @ PS1 in Brooklyn, New York
· Design and administer literacy skill-building curricula appropriate for afterschool and evening center setting (i.e. creative writing, newsletter, book club, etc.)
· Design literacy skill-building activities for groups of all sizes meant to meet needs of diverse learners
· Outreach to parents to engage them in supporting the ongoing academic progress of their children
· Supervise participants in a variety of activities including educational enrichment and homework assistance.
RELATIONSHIP WITH OTHERS
In addition, employees need to possess the following characteristics:
· Must be a team player.
· Must have sensitivity to cultural differences present among staff and participants within our organization.
· Must possess a strong belief in people’s ability to grow and change; forge a mutually respectful partnership with persons served and their families.
· Must have the ability to set limits and maintain helping role of practitioner and to intervene appropriately.
BA degree in education, Master’s Degree preferred
Minimum 2 years of experience working with elementary and middle youth
Experience working with students with special needs and English language learners a plus
Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills
Must enjoy working in groups, collaborating with others, and being part of a community
Bilingual in English-Spanish, a plus
Job: *ACTIVITIES SPECIALIST
Title: Center for Family Life-Literacy Specialist @ PS1
Location: New York-Brooklyn-Sunset Park
Requisition ID: 30436