Cayuga Centers Administrative Secretary in Bronx, New York
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES: This position is responsible for acting as receptionist and clerical staff for their assigned office location. The Secretary will perform organizational and clerical duties as assigned, traveling when necessary to each New York City location.
- Serve as a receptionist for a New York City Region Offices.
- Respond to 'assistance request phone calls' along with door assistance in a positive and respectful manner.
- Act as the 'first point of contact' for Cayuga Centers guests.
- Project a professional, friendly and helpful presence.
- Assist with organizational and clerical duties as assigned.
- Create and ensure UC sponsor packets and other New York City program packets are readily available.
- Assist with file organization, storage, and filing.
- File paperwork in each program file as needed.
- Daily retrieval of mail and various errands as assigned.
- Ensure all necessary UC and other New York City paperwork templates are readily available.
- Ensure office organization.
- Conduct clothes ordering, tracking, and distribution.
- Conduct food ordering and processing for the UC orientation and Cayuga Centers educational learning program, and other New York City programs.
- Conduct office supply audits as needed.
- Sort and distribute agency mail.
- Provide back up to other clerical staff as needed.
- Attend required training.
- Read required books.
- Responsible for complying with rules and regulations governing access to Protected Health Information under HIPAA. Access to Protected Health Information is limited to the extent required to perform responsibilities effectively and efficiently. No access will be permitted unnecessarily. The essential job functions as described, herein, dictate the level of access, use, and disclosure of confidential information.
- Perform other duties as requested by your immediate supervisor or the Chief Executive Officer.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Communications preferred and secretarial or administrative experience preferred, an Associate’s Degree required.
- Bi-lingual - English-Spanish required. All agency documents and records are in English, so English writing proficiency required. Position itself requires Spanish speaking, writing, and reading proficiency.
- Experience working in a busy human services office- strongly preferred.
- Strong communication and organizational skills and ability to handle numerous tasks - required.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office/excel required.
- Knowledge of clerical and office procedures.
- Good knowledge of English, grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Good proofreading and editing skills.
- Ability to handle confidential material in a responsible manner.
- Ability to work effectively in a team context.
- Demonstrated ability to perform duties with minimal supervision and to exercise greater judgment.
- Ability to travel to other agency locations as required.
HOURS PER WEEK: Non-Exempt. Regular hours will vary. Must be flexible to meet program needs
As a full time benefits position, staff is eligible to enroll in medical, dental, vision, FSA, supplemental life insurance, critical illness, enhanced short-term disability, and 401(k) benefits.
Job Tracking ID: 512690-658663
Job Location: Bronx, NY
Job Level: Entry Level (less than 2 years)
Level of Education: BA/BS
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: November 23, 2018
Years of Experience: Up to 2 Years
Starting Date: ASAP