Saint Elizabeth Community Activities Assistant in Bristol, Rhode Island
Join an innovative team committed to providing high quality care. Saint Elizabeth Manor, a leader in providing long term and rehabilitation care is looking to hire a Per Diem Activities Assistant.
We are looking for a reliable, fun, energetic person to do activities with our residents.
Must have at least one year experience in a social or recreational program in a healthcare setting and a RI C.N.A license preferred.
If you are interested please come in to fill out an application or send resume to Saint Elizabeth Manor, One Dawn Hill, Bristol, RI 02809, Attn: Kim Cairo or email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online.:
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF YOUR JOB POSITION:
The primary purpose of your job position is to assist in developing and conducting the resident activity programs of the facility. Maintain necessary record keeping. You are also responsible for assisting in providing safety, comfort, and well-being of the residents.
You must carry out assigned duties, in accordance with current existing federal and state regulations and established facility policies and procedures.
- Assists in planning programs for group and individualized activities based on residents’ individualized needs.
- Leads group activities that are scheduled to provide maximum involvement by interested residents.
- Conducts room visits and in-room activities for residents unable to leave their room based on their needs and requests.
- Records residents’ activity participation in residents’ individualized Optimus screen.
- Helps coordinate scheduled activities with other departments.
- Assists in preparing monthly activity calendar.
- Reviews the activity supplies and equipment to ensure materials are available to residents.
- Prepares activity bulletin boards indicating daily activities, future activities or picture review of past activities.
- Helps read incoming mail, addresses and post outgoing mail at residents’ request.
- Assist residents from one area to another area where activities may occur.
- Assist in activities that occur off of Saint Elizabeth Manor property.
- Assist in feeding residents’ when needed.
- Performs manicures for residents.
Performs other related duties as directed by the Activities Director. OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Attends and participates in staff meetings.
- Attends all mandatory in-services.
- Assists with orientation and training of new certified nursing assistants on unit.
- Follows resident’s rights policies at all time.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all resident care information.
- Ensures resident, privacy, respect and dignity.
- Reports possible situations of abuse and/or neglect promptly.
- Report to charge nurse abnormal signs and symptoms, which may signify a physical change in the resident’s condition that could require nursing intervention.
- Observes and follows all safety policies and procedures of the facility, including wearing safety equipment when appropriate
- Follows all company policies and procedures.
- Observes and follows safety and infection control policies and procedures.
- Assist in emergency care of residents, personnel, and visitors involved in accidents while in the facility.
- Follows established departmental policies and procedures.
- Assist in working with government agencies/personnel, etc. under all conditions and circumstances.
- Must be able to work in the following conditions…
- Frequent interruptions
- Subject to sometimes hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, etc.
- Willing to work beyond normal working hours, weekends and holidays whenever necessary.
- Subject to exposure of infectious to waste, diseases, conditions, etc.
Subject to falls, burns from equipment, odors, etc. throughout the workday. QUALIFICATIONS:
Minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- Minimum of six months experience in a social or recreational program or a resident activities program in a health-care setting.
- Must adhere to professional standards and code of ethics.