BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Business Research Analyst (Reporting) - Onlife Health in Brentwood, Tennessee
The Business Research Analyst is the subject matter and content expert for delivery of reporting, analytic, and consultative services for their assigned accounts. This position is primarily responsible for all reporting for assigned accounts, ensuring that the reports are accurate and timely, meeting all performance guarantees. The person in this position works closely with Sales, Account Management, Product Development and Operations to ensure the most complete and cost effective reporting, analysis and recommendations for their assigned accounts.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as the primary contact for users of Client Reporting and perform validation of data for Client Reporting data for assigned accounts.
- Act as primary liaison between IT, Business SME gathering business requirements for reporting enhancements, working with IT on functionality and program specs, and performing testing needed for production implementation.
- Perform analysis of monthly, quarterly and yearly reports of assigned accounts and proactively investigate any unusual results prior to releasing the report.
- Create and deliver presentations for prospects or existing accounts regarding Client Reporting and other reporting products as necessary.
- Represent Client Reporting (sometimes in a leadership position) on various workgroups to determine any impact on our reporting and lead initiatives that impact account reporting.
- Serve as a liaison with Account Management, Legal, and third party vendors for data downloads, extracts, and file transfers for assigned accounts
- Effectively interpret data into actionable information; provide proactive investigation into unusual results and explore opportunities for improvement through plan design enhancements, clinical program adoption, or engagement strategies
- Ensure customer reporting and analytic objectives and delivery of consultative services exceed customer expectations
- Proactively manage high level, complex client reporting issues, researching and resolving issues quickly and efficiently
- Participate in and/or lead the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of analytical reports that meet the needs of the customer.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
- B.S. degree in a business related field, quantitative/research discipline or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years in a reporting environment, data analysis or similar area required.
- Minimum of 3 years interacting with clients required.
- Basic SQL skills are preferred, but not required.
- Microsoft Office products expertise
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written, are essential.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills are required.
- Must have the ability to work within tight deadlines and adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, work independently and as a part of a team.
Job Specific Requirements:
Some previous SQL experience is highly preferred.
Client and Account Management team interaction experience preferred.
Number of Openings Available:
OLH Onlife Health, Inc.
BCBST is an Equal Opportunity employer (EEO), and all employees and applicants will be entitled to equal employment opportunities when employment decisions are made. BCBST will take affirmative action to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, gender identity, or membership in a historically under-represented group.
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee via-email, the Internet or any other method without a valid, written Direct Placement Agreement in place for this position from BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee HR/Talent Acquisition will not be considered. No fee will be paid in the event the applicant is hired by BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee as a result of the referral or through other means.
Tobacco-Free Hiring Statement
To further our mission of peace of mind through better health, effective 2017, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee and its subsidiaries no longer hire individuals who use tobacco or nicotine products (including but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, pipe tobacco, snuff, chewing tobacco, gum, patch, lozenges and electronic or smokeless cigarettes) in any form in Tennessee and where state law permits. A tobacco or nicotine free hiring practice is part of an effort to combat serious diseases, as well as to promote health and wellness for our employees and our community. All offers of employment will be contingent upon passing a background check which includes an illegal drug and tobacco/nicotine test. An individual whose post offer screening result is positive for illegal drugs or tobacco/nicotineand/or whose background check is verified to be unsatisfactory, will be disqualified from employment, the job offer will be withdrawn, and they may be disqualified from applying for employment for six (6) months from the date of the post offer screening results.
Resources to help individuals discontinue the use of tobacco/nicotine products include smokefree.gov or 1-800-QUIT-NOW.
As Tennessee's largest health benefit plan company, we've been helping Tennesseans find their own unique paths to good health for over 65 years. More than that, we're your neighbors and friends – fellow Tennesseans with deep roots of caring tradition, a focused approach to physical, financial and community good health for today, and a bright outlook for an even healthier tomorrow.
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee
- BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Jobs