St. Joseph Health Nurse Advice Line Rep in Brea, California
Under the direction of the Supervisor, Nurse Advice Line, the Nurse Advice Line Representative for the Nurse Advice Line is responsible for the management of incoming Nurse Advice calls. Provides clerical functions which support the Nurse Advice Line staff and management. Refers callers to community resource, health class, and/or physician referral when necessary.
Essential Values-Based, Leadership and Management Competencies: Demonstrates values-based competencies in line with the four core values that are the foundation of all activities performed by employees in order to achieve the Mission of the St. Joseph Health System.
Dignity: Demonstrates competence in communication and interpersonal relations.
Excellence: Demonstrates competence in continuous improvement, continuous learning, accountability, and teamwork.
Service: Demonstrates competence in customer/patient focus and adaptability.
Justice: Demonstrates competence in community orientation and stewardship.
As defined on the attached Values-Based Competency Model Form.
• Answers telephone inquiries regarding caller and/or patient needs in an efficient manner.
• Record significant health information as provided by the caller
• Document all communications for medico-legal and statistical purposes by performing data entry at the time of inquiry.
• Perform quality call management per departmental time and productivity standard.
• Coordinate incoming call flow to nurse operators as appropriate.
• Conduct outbound calls as appropriate for the following purposes:
• Follow up contact for care management
• Market research
• Health survey
• Outcomes survey
• Satisfaction survey
• Conduct health questionnaire of 100% callers and route calls appropriately per departmental policy.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Demonstrates age appropriate communication skills for the population served.
• Treats all information and data within the scope of the position with complete confidentiality and security. Need to maintain all practices to protect PHI and follow HIPAA guidelines.
• Cooperates fully in all risk management activities and investigations.
• Is knowledgeable of, observes and complies with Codes of Safe Practice, safety policies and emergency procedures.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Education: Requires a High school diploma or equivalent
• Basic MS Word, Windows, Excel experience and knowledge required.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
• Ability to access and share community resource information with callers.
• Knowledge of physical and psychological characteristics of illness and medical terminology.
• Ability to work collaboratively on a team.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure due to changing priorities, interruptions, high and low census, payor demands, and discharge planning demands.
• Ability to demonstrate leadership skills in facilitating constructive change.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Education: AA Degree or equivalent work related experience
• Two (2) years previous experience in a Health care environment highly desirable
• Experience with multiple line telecommunication system
• Knowledge of community resources
• Proficient in Microsoft Suite Applications, Excel and Email Systems highly desirable.
• Medical Terminology knowledge
• Bilingual English/Spanish communication skills.
Environmental Conditions: May include exposure to potentially hazardous material, infectious agents, contact with patients, public and staff.
Physical Requirements: Sitting for long periods of time, bending, reaching, stooping, kneeling, pushing/pulling, lifting/carrying up to 15 lbs., and grasping.
St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare (SJHH) is one of California's most respected medical groups. With over 3,000 employees and 75 locations throughout California, including, Northern California, Orange County, High Desert and Los Angeles County, SJHH has been continually recognized as a leader in quality, customer service and information technology. This kind of success is the result of team work, a commitment to excellence and a strong adherence to the organization's mission, vision and values.St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare (SJHH) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare (SJHH) complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Company: Heritage Healthcare