CoreLogic Principal, Solutions Architect in Boulder, Colorado
Join the team that powers the global real estate economy - CoreLogic is an innovative, future focused company whose vision is to deliver unique property-level insights that power the global real estate economy.
We are a $1.95 billion in sales company with more than 6,000 employees globally serving the financial services and insurance industries. We are evolving at a rapid pace and the clients we serve are challenged from every direction, which means we are growing and innovating to help drive their success. Working together, and differentiated by our superior data, analytics and data-enabled solutions, we empower our clients to make smarter business decisions through data-driven insights. We take initiative, are fully accountable, build respect and trust, make transparency a must — and engage, include and collaborate at every turn.
We take pride in our work and believe in cultivating a work environment that supports and values our greatest asset: our talented employees.
The Solutions Architect is the primary resource responsible for the technical fit of solutions, maximizing reuse of existing solution components, ensuring compliance with established standards, and providing definition of desired functionality. The role works in close collaboration with the Solution Partners to build the solution architecture documents and provide guidance on architectural alternatives by clearly articulating the implications of each short and long term solution. This role advises on technology solutions at the project level and assesses gaps from defined architectural standards to ensure consistency and course-correction, as necessary. The Solutions Architect is directly responsible for the successful delivery of enterprise-wide solutions that drive business results in alignment with technology guidelines and objectives.
Understand enterprise-wide system modules and components for re-use and provides requirements for specific architecture components for new development activities; provide advice and communicate solution architectural policies and standards to business and design and engineering teams.
- Design and apply standards and best in class technologies to meet business objectives on technology projects, evaluating impact on integration, reliability, performance, scalability, flexibility and maintainability.
- Translate and document business objectives and processes into solution architecture and technical requirements that align with key business requirements and business strategy, ensuring that the solution architecture identified will support the business objectives and strikes the appropriate balance between practical designs and implementation with architectural vision and technology strategy.
- Provide technical guidance & counsel to project and support teams to ensure alignment of solutions to business and IT strategies and is responsible for developing and presenting design artifacts to audiences within the business and technology teams.
- Identify problems, anticipate effects across business segments, research best practice alternatives, prepares presentations, drive solutions, test to confirm, gain consensus from a broad business community. Drive implementation.
- Provide industry and domain specific architectural best practices, perspectives and consultation to business and IS/IT leadership
- Assess the impact of new solutions on the integrity of the solution architecture and ensure that the projects in the business portfolios comply with Solution Architecture standards.
- Participate in and supports enterprise wide technology initiatives to mitigate crises.
- Participate in team meetings, complete status reports, attend functional meetings and other administrative tasks.
*Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills *
- College degree (B.S.) in related technical / business areas strongly preferred
- Certification in a related project management discipline preferred
- Six years of experience in IT business operations related to software development, systems design and deployment or technical architecture
- At least three years of experience in overall architecture discipline (Applications, Data, Technical, Security, Development, Operational, etc.)
- Strong understanding of architectural standards and software development methodologies
- Customer service orientation
- Strong oral and written skills
- Familiarity with modeling techniques
- Strong SDLC process discipline, e.g. requirements and design approaches
- Attention to detail; ability to create high quality output
- Familiarity with IT management methodologies (CMM/CMMI, COBIT, eTOM, ISO, ITIL, or others)
- Microsoft Office
- Analytical skills
- Advanced understanding of foundation architecture
- Ability to develop and write technical specifications
- Business/technical requirements analysis skills
- Domain specific industry experience
- Demonstrated clear understanding of the technology organization and business strategy, operating model(s), and products of CoreLogic
- Flexibility and adaptability to the demands and requirements of a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities; Organizational and time-management abilities
- Ability to work on multiple projects and assignments simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal / relationship management skills
- Understanding of architecture methodologies, Business Process Re-engineering (BPR), current and future technology and application trends, and software development life cycles
CoreLogic offers an empowered work environment that encourages creativity, initiative and professional growth and provides a competitive salary and benefits package. CoreLogic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to attracting and retaining the best-qualified people available, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or status as a veteran of the Armed Forces, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. CoreLogic maintains a Drug-Free Workplace. We are fully committed to employing a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive work environment that embraces everyone’s unique contributions, experiences and values. Please apply on our website for consideration.
Position Type: Full Time
% Travel Involved: Less than 10%
Country: United States
Category: Information Technology