State Street OPERATIONAL RISK MANAGEMENT: RISK AND CONTROL ASSESSMENT PROGRAM LEAD – VICE PRESIDENT in Boston, Massachusetts
*OPERATIONAL RISK MANAGEMENT: RISK AND CONTROL ASSESSMENT PROGRAM LEAD – VICE PRESIDENT*
The Operational Risk Methodology Team, in Enterprise Risk Management, is responsible for maintaining and driving continuous improvement to State Street’s core operational risk programs, including its risk and control assessment, operational risk appetite framework, key risk indicators and Board and Senior Management reporting. The Team is looking for a candidate with experience in developing, implementing and running an operational risk identification and control assessment process to lead its risk and control assessment program. In addition, the candidate will be a key stakeholder in several critical initiatives aimed at creating an integrated second line oversight model for non-financial risk across the Enterprise Risk Management, Corporate Compliance and First Line Controls groups.
*PRIMARY JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:*
- Maintain, and drive improvements to, program methodology for the risk control self-assessment program, including all related policies and procedures.
- Provide regular training and support to educate business units on key program concepts and address any issues that arise to ensure successful outcomes.
- Establish, implement, and manage a horizontal review process to evaluate the accuracy and completeness of the risk assessments completed by each business unit.
- Perform reporting and analysis on program results to identify material risks, key trends and emerging issues.
- Partner with Corporate Compliance and First Line Controls teams to identify opportunities to drive convergence across risk assessment programs.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to maintain and improve the Firm’s process, risk and control taxonomies.
- Stay abreast of industry rules, regulations and industry best practices to ensure risk assessment programs adhere to supervisory expectations.
- Participate in Scenario Analysis workshops to provide a forward-looking estimate of hypothetical operational losses in support of the Firm’s stress testing programs.
*MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:*
- 10+ years of experience in banking with a focus in operational risk management, internal audit or internal control testing.
- Expertise in banking operations with a focus on custody, capital markets, investment management activities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including the ability to create and deliver clear, well-structured presentations.
- Proven project management, managerial, team-building, interpersonal, organizational, influencing and analytical skills.
- High degree of attention to detail and focus on error-free execution.
- Strong multitasking skills with the ability to successfully manage a number of work streams to deadlines and high standards of quality.
- Ability to work across all levels of management in the organization, including senior executives.
- Bachelor’s degree or military service.
*ABOUT STATE STREET:*
State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT), is the world’s leading provider of financial services to institutional investors, to which it provides custody and management of their assets; accounting, daily pricing, and administration of their funds; the information and analytical tools that help them make investment decisions; and the foreign exchange, cash management, credit, and electronic trading services that help them negotiate complex, global financial markets efficiently and effectively.
- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time