Cengage Learning Executive Assistant in Boston, Massachusetts
As a Cengage employee, you will pioneer transforming the way people learn. Collaborating with the best of the best, you will feel challenged and inspired to do breakthrough work. With the support of our united team, there is no limit to what you can imagine, create and set in motion. You will work closely and collaboratively with other Executive Assistants and team members to perform a wide range of duties. You will be able to work effectively with a wide cross-section of people and levels, comfortably handle very high level and sensitive information, and thrive in a deeply fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Do you dare to reinvent the future of education?
At Cengage, we are harnessing the power of tech to build a future where all learners have the tools and confidence to achieve their goals. As a Cengage employee, you will blaze a new trail to transform the way people learn. Collaborating with the best of the best, you will feel challenged and inspired to do breakthrough work. With the support of our united team, there is no limit to what you can imagine, create and set in motion.
Are we right for you?
We set the bar higher by bringing our unique talents and point of view to the table every day. We are curious and comfortable with change and are willing to take risks to transform education. Most importantly, with everything we do, we put learning first.
As a member of the Cengage Corporate Strategy and Operations, you will be part of a high energy, goal-oriented team of professionals who believe in the power and joy of learning. The Executive Assistant will provide general administrative support to assigned leaders within the Corporate Strategy and Operations team including the Chief Strategy Officer.
What You'll Do Here:
• Calendar: Ensures appropriate and can-do time management for all leaders in scheduling and arranging meetings. Handle extremely busy calendars in constant flux using MS Outlook
• Handle all travel arrangements and frequent revisions as needed, including airline/hotel/car rentals. Understands preferences of supported staff, and actively troubleshoots and addresses travel conflicts.
• As Meeting Planner, collect information on specifications / agenda for meetings; identify resource requirements, coordinate service provisions and run the event to ensure that the sessions (onsite or off-site) meet or exceed requirements and expectations.
• Provide administrative support to high-level visitors from Private Equity investors or other consulting firms
• Process all expense reports in an efficient and timely manner, in accordance with company T&E reporting policies.
• Liaise with corporate leadership, executives and colleagues on a regular basis.
• Assist with preparation of presentations and reports, using PowerPoint and Excel.
• Maintain confidential files
• Process invoices
• Submit requests for purchase orders, tracking invoices through the payment process, ordering supplies
• General administrative support: Track and follow up on urgent and pending issues; prepare correspondence and presentations; process incoming and outgoing mail; assists with creation of presentations, as needed
Skills You Will Need Here:
• At least 5 years’ experience supporting c-level executives
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, and social media web platforms
• Superior organization skills and strong attention to detail and diligent follow up is critical.
• Demonstrated ability to anticipate needs and situations before they are fully developed.
• Superior time management skills and proven ability to manage multiple tasks and competing and shifting priorities are needed.
• High energy and good communication (people want to be around you)
• Ability to work in a collaborative environment
• Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with partners, including staff, customers and other members of the executive team
• Expert verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated can-do approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
• Emotional maturity
• Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
• Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Forward-looking thinker who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
• Avid learner who seeks feedback and consistently expands skills
• Ability to work off-hours including nights and weekends as needed
Requisition ID 2019-6119
Job Function Administrative/Clerical
Cengage is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to attracting and retaining a talented and diverse workforce. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or protected veteran status.
- Cengage Learning Jobs