J.R. Simplot Company Regional Turf Operations Supervisor (Portland, OR) in Boise, Idaho
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. We currently have a Regional Turf Operations Supervisor position available in our Pacific Northwest Region.
This position provides oversight to multiple geographical disperse Simplot locations. Leads effort to establish operational efficiencies across their responsibility and entire organization. Directs, coaches and mentors location Turf Operations Supervisors. Ultimately responsible for all operational employees within their territory.
• Provides direction and leadership to Simplot operational facilities and employees within an assigned geographical area. Responsible to partner with direct reports in support of the sales/marketing function of the business. Partners effectively with area management teams and other senior management within Simplot to identify and implement effective strategies and tactics. 40%
• Have a tactical focus as well as a strategic focus with regards to staffing patterns, budgeting, inventory forecasting and control, expense control, operations, equipment and facility improvements, record keeping, as it relates to their geographic area. Will benchmark best practices for continuous improvement. 20%* Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and coaching employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. 20%* Responsible to ensure compliance with environmental, Company safety issues and DOT requirements. 10%* May serve on company wide project teams (i.e. safety, continuous improvement, etc.). 10%
REQUIREMENTS* Bachelor's Degree from 4 year college or university.
• Five plus years related experience and/or training, with at least 3 years of managing multiple locations.
• Knowledge of the industry and the various products and equipment.
• Experience creating solutions to operational efficiency challenges is highly desired.
• Ideal candidate also has experience managing drivers complying with DOT.
• Ability to travel up to 30% of the time. Adheres to all standards, policies and systems as appropriate.
• Disclaimer - The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.* Combination of education, training and/or experience will be considered for this position.
HOW TO APPLY
Internal Simplot Candidates:
Please apply via Employee Space to Job ID#6329
Visit www.simplot.com/careersSelect Job SearchSelect Current OpportunitiesSelect All Open PositionsApply to Job ID#6329
Please prepare a cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications and submit with your resume via our online application process described above. For best results, please upload your resume as a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document. This process includes additional job-relevant questions, so plan on at least 20 minutes when you apply.
When a position is in the interview stage or has been filled, it will no longer appear on our Simplot Careers website. If you experience any technical difficulties when applying through our online system, please contact the
Talent and Culture department for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.