Cognosante Certification Lead in Boise, Idaho
Location: Boise, ID
Travel: 50%-70% (if not located in specified location)
Remote work option: No
The Certification Lead will be part of a larger team that supports a multi-vendor healthcare information technology (IT) project for the State of Idaho. He/She will be responsible for ensuring that system functionality and business operations meet the Medicaid Certification Checklist criteria from the MECT to achieve CMS certification. He/she will develop and implement a strategy and plan for proper documentation of system artifacts to support the certification process. The Certification Lead will provide oversight of the certification process and prepare for and lead the State participation in periodic certification reviews. The Certification Lead will direct the efforts of a matrix of project team members in support of this effort, which may include internal and external stakeholders, from multiple programs and agencies. The Certification Lead will be the primary contact for the State with its engagement and interaction with CMS for certification efforts.
- Serve as a key liaison between the state and the Cognosante team throughout the life of the project
- Provide guidance to the Idaho MMIS Team in developing certification reports
- Identify artifacts that are required to support CMS certification
- Participate in implementation meetings with vendor(s) and state staff
- Responsible for coordinating the certification of individual modules
- Manage the collection, recording, and archiving of certification project artifacts
- Provide MECL guidance
- Provide information for the Certification Reports
- Participate in Certification Milestone reviews
- Participate in module design, development, implementation, testing, and training activities and review and comment on essential project documents to ensure effective and successful module certifications.
- Communicate project status, risks and issues to the State and the Cognosante Project Management Team
- Provide/Contribute to status reports that highlight tasks accomplished, issues, risks and analysis results, anomalies, resolutions, corrective actions, and lessons learned
- Contribute to the project’s overall understanding of the client’s business requirements and impacts to the MMIS for assigned modules
- Collaborate with other business areas to provide certification expertise and assistance as applicable
- Work with Project Manager to monitor and track project schedule, work plan, and budget for certification activities
- Ensure that system functionality and business operations meet the Medicaid Certification Checklist criteria from the MECT to achieve CMS certification
- Develop and implement a strategy and plan for proper documentation of system artifacts to support the certification process
- Provide oversight of the certification process and prepare for and lead the State participation in periodic certification reviews
- Direct the efforts of a matrix of project team members in support of certification
- Serve as the primary contact for the State with its engagement and interaction with CMS for certification efforts
- Prepare or contribute to status reports and agendas
Employee is expected to undertake any additional duties as they are assigned by their Program Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent business experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with MMIS or other large-scale IT implementations in the public or private sector, including 3 years in the healthcare IT field
- Must have led at least one successful MMIS certification project and have knowledge of current CMS IT certification standards
Candidates that do not meet the minimum qualifications will not be considered.
- Experience working directly with clients and vendors
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Knowledge of current Medicaid Information Technology Architecture (MITA) and CMS Seven Conditions and Standards
- Experience and understanding of the MMIS Certification process
- Experience with Medicaid Programs
- Ability to effectively manage and maintain required project artifacts
- Experience in at least one MMIS Design Development Implementation project
- Must have excellent problem-solving and customer service skills
- Ability to communicate succinctly and accurately in written and verbal English
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under strict timelines
- Must be a team player and a consistent, dependable performer with an excellent work ethic, flexible “can-do” attitude, and a results-driven commitment to success
Cognosante’s Consulting Services has been helping states implement and manage the complex health and human services (HHS) programs for 27 years. CCS supports implementation and management of MMIS, Integrated Eligibility, Behavioral Health, Child Welfare and Women Infants and Children (WIC) systems. Our consultants understand the business of health and human services and support state and federal agencies to plan, design, develop, implement, operate and enhance their information systems to increase efficiency, effectiveness, accessibility and responsiveness and protect and promote the health, safety and well-being of the citizens they serve.
We’re on a mission to transform our country’s healthcare system.
Each of our 1,700+ colleagues across the United States plays a role in transforming the lives of millions of Americans. This mission drives us - and it adds meaning to what we do, each and every day. Our passion for serving public health programs, and for engaging consumers more directly with the healthcare system, runs deep.
Passion for what we do. Pride in how we do it.
Cognosante was founded to address a critical gap in the health IT market – the need for a smart, nimble company, unencumbered by legacy systems and unafraid to challenge accepted wisdom. Experience grounds us; innovation drives us. For almost 30 years, we’ve worked to find progressive solutions to complex problems.
We help state Medicaid agencies navigate healthcare reform. We provide community-based assistance to Americans as they enroll in healthcare coverage. And we dream of, design, and develop IT solutions meant to disrupt the status quo and connect the dots between patients, plans, providers, and payers. We are the best minds on health - and we’re looking to grow our team.
Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of millions? Join us.
Highlighted Benefits for Full-time Employees
•Medical • Dental • Vision • 401k • Flexible Spending Accounts • Paid Time Off • Work/Life Solutions • Pet Insurance
C ognosante is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. Cognosante is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call 703-206-6015 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.