Aon Corporation Senior Broker in Bloomington, Minnesota
Aon Is Looking For A Senior Broker
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Casualty Brokerage within Commercial Risk Solutions, in Bloomington, MN. As a Senior Broker, you will report directly to the Team Leader.
Your Impact As A SeniorBroker
- Assessing client needs, designing solutions and negotiating with insurance carriers to obtain the risk financing structure, terms and conditions that best align with client’s exposures and needs. Work closely with Team Leaders, Account Executives, Account Specialists and other colleagues to understand and address clients’ needs.
- Working autonomously, effectively and simultaneously on Middle Market and Complex Casualty accounts
- Identifying and analyzing client exposures to develop effective client risk treatment and placement strategies
- Utilizing internal and external tools and resources to analyze the insurance marketplace and benchmark elements of clients’ risk
- Facilitate the compilation of submission information in cooperation with the Account Executive and Accounts Specialist teams
- Finalize market submission (specifications, exposures, loss data) and submit to markets as appropriate
- Negotiate with appropriate markets to meet, or where possible, exceed client coverage and financing goals
- Manage commission on brokered products where applicable
- Analyze, compare and contrast risk transfer, risk financing and coverage options – providing comparison deliverables for both internal teams and client
- Develop and maintain an understanding of analytical/actuarial techniques to design and compare programs – working in cooperation with Aon actuaries where appropriate
- Assist in the preparation of strategy and renewal documents; participate in strategy and/or renewal proposal presentations where appropriate
- Serve as an internal resource and expert on market trends, pricing practices, insurance product developments, insurance carrier appetites/capabilities/practices and other underwriting developments
- Support production teams in sales and RFP processes
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Commercial Property & Casualty Insurance
- Solid understanding of casualty coverages, commercial package coverages, and concepts of liability, risk transfer and indemnification
- Comfort learning and using new systems and applications to manage and analyze data
- Comfort using the Microsoft suite of products
- Current insurance licensure or ability to quickly acquire producer’s insurance producer’s license
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in negotiating program placements
- Professional Designation(s) – CIC, CPCU, ARM, CPLU
- Bachelor’s Degree
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 50,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background checkconsistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job number: 2448567
Category: Account Management / Brokerage / Insurance
Location: United States, MN, Bloomington