Aon Corporation Retirement Finance Analyst in Bloomington, Minnesota
Aon Is Looking For a Retirement Finance Analyst
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Retirement & Finance Consulting business group within Aon in Bloomington, Minnesota.
Your Impact as a Retirement Finance Analyst
- Monitor contract/project end dates
- Follow up on expiring contracts in advance with project manager
- Draft initial contract based on prior year scope and any overall increases/changes to terms (using existing templates)
- Monitor auto-renewing contracts to ensure planned fee increases are implemented (assist with needed documentation of increases)
- Meet with project manager to determine invoicing/project requirements
- Complete project request form 2 weeks before prior contract expires
- -- Ensure project naming conventions are used (indicate ongoing vs. single year contracts)
- -- Consistent use of departments, products, and activity types (based on provided guidance)
- -- Ensure projects without contracts are connected to a client
- Maintain the project team list (if "enforce teams" option is utilized)
- Distribute project numbers to team
- Update project status for prior year projects upon completion of work (ensure time is not recorded after completion)
- Create and maintain summary of each client contract (for reference)
- Complete contract request forms and track processing
- Coordinate set up for contracts with multi-practice involvement (ensure compliance with thresholds for separate project/contract line set up)
- -- Ensure all projects are connected to the correct contract
- Review revenue plan, billing plan, and all other contract attributes after completion by Client Financial Analysts (CFA) to ensure accuracy (using available reporting)
- Compare AR terms in contract to invoice set up
- Confirm invoice contact is correct at set up
- Follow up with colleagues that need to correct time submissions
- Review fee support drafted by Project Manager and confirm revenue submission
- Ensure updates to revenue and billing plans are made, as needed
- Monitor revenue by contract based on internal thresholds
- Monitor revenue delayed by unsigned contracts
- Review monthly invoices for project managers
- Prepare/update any client specific invoice attachments
- Work with CFA to ensure invoice accuracy before sending to project manager for final approval
- Monitor client AR and assist in research of payments received without client instructions
- Handle client specific issues (such as purchase orders, etc.)
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- 0 -3 years equivalent years of industry experience.
- Ability to analyze and resolve financial issues
- Strong Excel skills (lookups, pivot tables, intermediate functions)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to partner and collaborate with colleagues across the globe and within various finance disciplines
- Appreciation of Sarbanes Oxley requirements
- Ambitious, strong team player, willing to own responsibilities and take initiative
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background checkconsistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job number: 2455367
Category: Accounting & Finance
Location: United States, MN, Bloomington