Aon Corporation Aon Campus - Catastrophe Modeling Analyst in Bloomington, Minnesota
Aon Is Looking For A Catastrophe Risk Analyst
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Reinsurance solution line in* Bloomington, MN*.
This role falls under Aon’s early career development program, known as Launch. Building on the development colleagues receive in the role they are hired into, the Launch program is a supplemental development program for recent college recruits.
Your Impact As A Catastrophe Risk Analyst
As part of the Catastrophe Management team, you will be an integral support role in assisting Reinsurance brokers with risk assessment and risk management consulting for Aon Reinsurance Solutions clients
- Run catastrophe modeling software for client and prospect portfolio risk analyses.
- Prepare property insurance policy data for catastrophe risk analysis using Microsoft Access, SQL Query Analyzer and other data conversion tools.
- Use proprietary software to design and manage catastrophe reinsurance programs.
- Respond to brokers, clients, and reinsurers on issues and questions relating to risk analysis for natural and manmade catastrophes.
- Provide real-time loss estimates of actual catastrophic events around the world.
- Prepare and send catastrophe risk assessment data to reinsurers and participate in reinsurance market calls.
- Assist clients in the understanding of catastrophe risks, sensitivity studies, and added analytics based on catastrophe model results.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Practical experience with data analysis/clean up/validation whether in a work or academic setting.
- Proven analytical skills. Prior analytical and problem solving experience from academic and/or business environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products, with intermediate proficiency in Excel, and working knowledge of Access strongly preferred. SQL experience a definite plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate well with others externally and internally. Well-rounded communication skills and ability to interact with variety of audiences.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple assignments, work well with minimal supervision and meet deadlines in a timely manner
- Ability to think strategically and analytically as well as work independently and take initiative.
- Potential for temporary or permanent relocation to other Aon offices.
- Relevant work/ internship experience.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in Economics, Finance, Math or other similarly quantitative or analytically oriented major preferred or equivalent experience.
Applicants for this role, which is part of the Launch program, must graduate between December 2018 – June 2019 and have a GPA of 3.0 or above.
The Launch Program was established to coach and develop future business leaders, this program “launches” the Aon careers of our campus hires in various full-time positions across the company. The 10-month development program begins every summer and includes in-person sessions, networking opportunities, self-study and global leader calls.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
About Aon Reinsurance Solutions:
Aon Reinsurance Solutions is a division of Aon plc, is the world’s leading reinsurance intermediary and full-service capital advisor. We empower our clients to better understand, manage and transfer risk through innovative solutions and personalized access to all forms of global reinsurance capital across treaty, facultative and capital markets. As a trusted advocate, we deliver local reach to the world’s markets, and an unparalleled investment in innovative analytics. Our worldwide client base has access to the broadest portfolio of integrated capital solutions and services.
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.* *
Job number: 2454363
Location: United States, MN, Bloomington