Golden Living GLC - Cook - NEW WAGE / SIGN ON BONUS! in Bloomington, Indiana
GLC - Cook - NEW WAGE / SIGN ON BONUS!
Position GLC - Specialist Dining Services 2
Req Number DIE-18-00537
Division Golden LivingCenters
As a Cook at Golden LivingCenters, you'll have a lot on your plate but will be immersed in a supportive and collaborative work environment to help you serve our patients' every dietary need and desire. What distinguishes Golden LivingCenters is our unique ability to ensure our patients feel at home, and there is nothing quite like a home-cooked meal to hit that spot. In this role, your work will lead to tasty and nutritious meals for our patients in accordance with prescribed resident diet specifications. Maintaining an interdepartmental and collaborative work environment will guarantee your success in effectively implementing individualized nutritional plans and ensuring personalized and holistic care for our patients. Help deliver our promise of an extraordinary experience for all of our patients as one of our Cook.
If you have an appetite for quality living and great food, then this may be an amazing opportunity for you. We are seeking individuals with vast culinary experience who know how comforting, inspiring and rejuvenating a tasty and healthy meal can be.
Create a positive experience for customers including residents and employees.
Responsible for providing excellent customer service, quality product and presentations while maintaining food safety and health code standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Assist with preparation of food per census and cycle menu recipes production sheets as well as ala carte requests or as needed for special functions
• Prepare food for (Modified and Therapeutic Diets) including portioning and display for serving
• Assist with meal service and delivery
• Maintain appearance of dining room and service areas which could include menu boards, table service set up and removal per established guidelines for location
• Maintain assigned stock and insure proper rotation of product within assigned area of operation
• Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of assigned area, station and equipment
• Assist with utilization of menu software program
• Positively interact with residents, guests and employees through entire dining process
• Follows Company, Local, State, and Federal guidelines for Food Safety, Food Handling and Required methods of Documentation
CODE OF CONDUCT
Must adhere to the Company's Code of Conduct and Business Ethics policy including documentation and reporting responsibilities.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Minimum of 1 year in hotel, restaurant, school, prison or armed services cooking experience
• Certified in ServSafe or equivalent, preferred
• Meet all local health regulations
• Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & BEHAVIORS
• Ability to operate food service equipment
• Good interpersonal skills
• Strong verbal, reading, writing skills and math skills
• Proficient computer skills, preferred
• Experience in culinary skills or food service with ability to train cooking and food production
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding patient and company proprietary information
• Must have the ability to relate professionally and positively and work cooperatively with patients, families, and other employees at all levels
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS
Mobility, reaching, bending, lifting (minimum of 10 pounds), fine hand coordination, ability to read and write, the ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions and directions, ability to travel, and ability to remain calm under pressure.
Golden Living and AseraCare Hospice are committed to enhancing the lives of the patients we care for. Here, you'll find some of the best professionals in healthcare working together to provide the highest level of care to every patient and resident we serve. And, we're able to offer career opportunities that fit almost anyone's background or level of experience. From where you work to how you work to everything in between, we're confident that at Golden Living and AseraCare Hospice, you'll find exactly what you're looking for in your career.
Location2046 GL - BLOOMINGTON - IN
Facility NameGLC - Bloomington
City State and ZipBloomington, IN 47401
Category Dietary & Dining
Open Date 12/5/2018
EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.